A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FS: Seeburg SCD-1; whole or parts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 28th 18, 12:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default FS: Seeburg SCD-1; whole or parts

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 6:40:51 PM UTC-4, Mike Baker wrote:
I simply don't have time for this project.

I have a Seeburg SCD-1 for sale. You can buy the whole thing or I'm willing to part it out.

It works, sort of. The two problems are that a) CDs will skip. I've tried brand new factory CDs and brand new home burned CDs, but it will skip on all of them. I read a while back that a there may be a resister (?) to blame and that a replacement will fix this, but I can't find the webpage I read that on. Regardless, I don't have the time, patience or skill set to do this. The other issue is b) the right side speakers aren't making noise. I've read that this is either a crossover issue or an amplifier issue, but again, I don't have the time, patience or skill set to address it.

All parts are there, I think. The dollar bill taker works (I replaced the O rings and it accepts all one dollar bills and "small face" five dollar bills). The lights, meter, buttons, etc. all work. I have the door to the cash box, and the cash box too. (often missing on jukes). I understand that the Sony CD player is kind of neat, and yet often troublesome. I'm not sure what the exact issue regarding the skipping is, but this player will pick up the CDs, and play them until they start skipping.

If I don't get any interest in the machine I'll probably try to sell off a few parts on ebay and then take a sledge hammer to it and cash in the metal at the recycling yard. I no longer have space to keep a non-working machine or boxes of parts around.

One part that I'm sure is hard to find is the microphone. I have it, but the cord is cut off and I never messed with it to see if it works. Looks awesome though. I'd bet someone with an electrical background can wire up a new cord.

If you're in the Pittsburgh PA area feel free to stop by and take every part you want for a reasonable price.

I had every intention of restoring it (as it was the first CD jukebox, I understand) but I have too many things on my plate. I purchased a CD that has operating instructions and info for it as well, and that's available.

Email me if interested, and thanks for reading.

Mike B.

If you don't have any other offers I am interested in the auto disc loader. I would take the whole thing but I am in Harrisburg and have no way to get it home. I have an SCD1seeburg crusaderand could use the parts but again no way to move it.. Let me know what you want for the dic loader thanks Bob Steinbacher