Venting

Old June 18th 08, 11:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default More Horse**** From FPN Defender Masqueblanche!

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:39:15 -0700, masqueblanche
wrote:

The Drunken Lord wrote:
Whatever you are, I think your story, your hints at the guy being a
pedophile, are totally lame and total hogwash. In case you hadn't
notice, nobody else here seems to be buying your horse**** either.

If you find the topic scary, confusing or just distasteful, you needn't
continue reading and replying to it.

I enjoy reading and replying to your horse****.

There was some interest on why FPN
was closing some threads and booting some members. I thought the
additional info might be of some interest to some. You needn't believe
it, there is a lot of stuff on the internet that I don't believe.

Hell no, I don't believe it. But let's go over your story one more
time. You're claiming that he was sending emails to minors on FPN,
"to the consternation of the administrators"?

And that he could have gotten FPN in legal trouble over that?

That's what you're claiming?
Old June 19th 08, 05:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Venting

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:00:00 -0700, masqueblanche
wrote:

The Drunken Lord wrote:
Damn, there's only one or two minors I know of on FPN. I don't go
there a lot, but I know the place isn't brimmnig with minors.

Of course your case is completely different from the banned member, so
your anecdote isn't really helpful:

a.) He was an administrator with much greater access to member
information and administration tools.

So you're sticking to your story that he sent inappropriate emails to
minors on FPN. You do know that even if what you're saying is true,
this sounds like total horse****, and you can't expect anybody to
believe this, do you?

FPN just does not seem like such a great place for a pedophile to base
his operations. But you're saying that's what he was doing.

b.) The rest of admin team spent time editing, hiding or apologizing for
his comments in order to limit their liability.

Liability for what? Let me ask you this: How many inappropriate
emails did he send to minors before the FPN admins did a ****ing thing
about it?

They then kicked him
off the admin team so he wouldn't have as much access to information and
when he persisted they ultimately banned him from the site all together.

When he persisted in what exactly?

So, the fact that you don't know of any minors doesn't mean that their
aren't any in the 10+k members of FPN. Similary, the fact that you
can't find any offensive posts from their member just shows that the FPN
admins did a good job sanitizing the site.

Sanitizing the site of what exactly?
Old June 19th 08, 11:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

The Drunken Lord wrote:
What's his address on twitter?

http://twitter.com/titivillus

I'm:

http://twitter.com/deirdresm

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"
Old June 20th 08, 01:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

On 2008-06-17, The Drunken Lord wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:15:22 -0500, "Bluesea"

The only thing I did was agree that the situation described could lead to
hot water for the site owners. Whether or not the situation actually existed
means nothing to me either way. I was only curious about what GLBT meant.

I didn't know what it meant either.

I wonder how that jackass knew what it meant? He's probably a
fundamentalist christian, and they know those kinds of things.

I think it is usually LGBT, at least that is how I see it at
put together at university.

matthew
Old June 25th 08, 11:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

On Jun 17, 12:11*am, masqueblanche wrote:
The Drunken Lord wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:10:40 -0700, masqueblanche
wrote:

Bluesea wrote:

"masqueblanche" wrote in message
.. .

Take a look atwww.twitter.com, it's basically a system for providing
continuous updates about what you are doing. *Kinda like a micro-blog.

I PMed some of the contributors in the know on the closed thread and it
seem they had an ex-Mod who tended to use the forum to promote his
pro-GLBT...

Giant Lettuce, Bacon, & Tomato?

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender.

I don't read every thread on FPN, but I am somewhat familiar with
posts from the person masqueblanche is talking about, and I've never
seen anything like this from him, never. *And I assume that nobody
else here who reads FPN has seen anything like this either. *In fact,
I assume that maqueblanche is talking **** and that this never
happened.

If FPN does not tolerate anything less than patriotism, support for
our troops, support for George Bush, and a fundamentalist religion
points of view in the political and religious discussoins, I certainly
can't see them going along with the promotion of gay and lesbian
agendas.

But if it's anything like the things I know of going on like this on
FPN, the moderators tolerated the posts from the far right, and when
somebody objected, those posts were censored.

Nobody has ever complained about a far right political view being
censored on FPN.

He was interested in more than just "pens". *His PMs to minors caused
consternation among the admins. *

Is FPN the site of choice to track down minors? *Maybe we should alert
the FBI or something. *But I doubt that pedophiles look at the FPN
site and think, "This is the place for me."

Coupled with some wacky religious
beliefs, it was decided he wasn't exactly family-friendly and could get
the site in legal trouble if they looked to be supported his deviant
appetites.

All kinds of loaded language in the above paragraph. *Here's the
translation:

"wacky religious beliefs"--anything other than fundamentalist
christianity.

"family friendly"--ultra right wing

"deviant appetites"--sex outside of marriage. *anything other than
that, the FPN administration would consider deviant.

Hey, you can get defensive if you like. *I was just trying to pass along
some additional data about what happened to the mysterious "Kurt" who
seems to have gotten himself banned from FPN and is now posting bitter
messages over at Pentrace, among other places.

Personally, I'm not Christian. *Let alone fundamentalist.

Hello I'm the mysterious Kurt and am not a pedophile nor part of some
strange religion. I can't imagine why someone would want to spread
rumors like that about another person but they are wrong. I posted
another thread for the reasons that I was banned on FPN.

Kurt
Old June 26th 08, 09:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

masqueblanche wrote:
He was interested in more than just "pens". His PMs to minors caused
consternation among the admins. Coupled with some wacky religious
beliefs, it was decided he wasn't exactly family-friendly and could get
the site in legal trouble if they looked to be supported his deviant
appetites.

So.... I have to wonder....

You're not talking about Titivillus (Kurt), are you.

Old June 26th 08, 11:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Lies from an FPN'er!

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 01:42:18 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

masqueblanche wrote:
He was interested in more than just "pens". His PMs to minors caused
consternation among the admins. Coupled with some wacky religious
beliefs, it was decided he wasn't exactly family-friendly and could get
the site in legal trouble if they looked to be supported his deviant
appetites.

So.... I have to wonder....

You're not talking about Titivillus (Kurt), are you.

Whoever the liar was taling about--all it is, is lies from an FPN'er.
Old June 27th 08, 06:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Jonathan[_2_]

I would love to hear what this bozo that is defending FPN thinks Kurt
wrote in private message to some youngsters. Haha

That sounds so ridiculous it would be an entertaining read to see what
you could dream up.

Old June 27th 08, 02:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:40:07 -0700 (PDT), Jonathan
wrote:

I would love to hear what this bozo that is defending FPN thinks Kurt
wrote in private message to some youngsters. Haha

The thing that got me was that he says the emails to minors were "much
to the consternation" of the other admins, or something like that.
And I'm pretty sure he made reference to more than one email. So we'd
have a few emails and consternation over each one of those emails.
I'd guess the said minors would have been forwarding the emails to the
FPN admins just as soon as they got them.

That sounds so ridiculous it would be an entertaining read to see what
you could dream up.

You know, I can't remember all of that guy's claims, but didn't he
also claim Kurt also had some way out religious views? That would
mean that Kurt is not an FPN certified gun toting fundamentalist
Christian.

Old June 28th 08, 03:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Ananias

I dont know the guy below any better than I know you....which is to
say not at all. But below is a quote from a thread that was started by
Andy A. and then ceremoniously ended by this guy. The questions were
right along the same lines we are talking about here. This is a
perfect example of authoritative foot in mouth disease. Adults don't
need a guy to "help them ignore" something. This idea didnt work for
Stalin and isnt going to work for any successful and enjoyable
internet forum. I dont think you can track a posts quality by the
number of posts and members....I have seen boards on the net with much
larger numbers than FPN explode with dissension. There is nothing
illegal about free thought and speech. Like you always poke fun at:
its their (who's only a god could know, I dont even know if they
really know) site/forum and everyone else is just "guests". Some
people enjoy being "guests" like that that are controlled like robots
and some have their own opinion and can think without someone guiding
their thoughts....FPN is obviously not the place for them.

Although FPN might keep living on...I dont think you will find any of
the true fountain pen people we mostly enjoy reading posting there. It
will slowly die into nothing but a kumbaya club of people chatting
inks and love. Pentrace is much more enducational and much more
entertaining to read for people who understand know and enjoy pens and
collecting. FPN will quite possibly eventually have to change their
name to Dancing Bunny Network - Where everyone can be called a back
slapper.

" Gerry
post Jun 2 2008, 04:26 AM
Group: Admin
From: Ottawa, Ontario

Sigh....

I guess y'all need a little help ignoring this thread....

Regards,

Gerry "