Venting

Old June 15th 08, 06:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default More Horse**** From FPN Defender Masqueblanche!

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 16:10:40 -0700, masqueblanche
wrote:

Bluesea wrote:
"masqueblanche" wrote in message

Take a look at www.twitter.com, it's basically a system for providing
continuous updates about what you are doing. Kinda like a micro-blog.

I PMed some of the contributors in the know on the closed thread and it
seem they had an ex-Mod who tended to use the forum to promote his
pro-GLBT...

Giant Lettuce, Bacon, & Tomato?

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender.

I don't read every thread on FPN, but I am somewhat familiar with
posts from the person masqueblanche is talking about, and I've never
seen anything like this from him, never. And I assume that nobody
else here who reads FPN has seen anything like this either. In fact,
I assume that maqueblanche is talking **** and that this never
happened.

If FPN does not tolerate anything less than patriotism, support for
our troops, support for George Bush, and a fundamentalist religion
points of view in the political and religious discussoins, I certainly
can't see them going along with the promotion of gay and lesbian
agendas.

But if it's anything like the things I know of going on like this on
FPN, the moderators tolerated the posts from the far right, and when
somebody objected, those posts were censored.

Nobody has ever complained about a far right political view being
censored on FPN.

He was interested in more than just "pens". His PMs to minors caused
consternation among the admins.

Is FPN the site of choice to track down minors? Maybe we should alert
the FBI or something. But I doubt that pedophiles look at the FPN
site and think, "This is the place for me."

Coupled with some wacky religious
beliefs, it was decided he wasn't exactly family-friendly and could get
the site in legal trouble if they looked to be supported his deviant
appetites.

All kinds of loaded language in the above paragraph. Here's the
translation:

"wacky religious beliefs"--anything other than fundamentalist
christianity.

"family friendly"--ultra right wing

"deviant appetites"--sex outside of marriage. anything other than
that, the FPN administration would consider deviant.
Old June 16th 08, 04:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Venting

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:28:39 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

"masqueblanche" wrote in message
Giant Lettuce, Bacon, & Tomato?

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender.

Thanks.

He was interested in more than just "pens". His PMs to minors caused
consternation among the admins. Coupled with some wacky religious
beliefs, it was decided he wasn't exactly family-friendly and could get
the site in legal trouble if they looked to be supported his deviant
appetites.

Yes. An OT agenda like his could lead to hot water for the site if one
chose
to pursue the site owner(s).

Yeah, but you're assuming this person is telling the truth.

And you're assuming that I'm assuming the person was telling the truth.

The only thing I did was agree that the situation described could lead to
hot water for the site owners. Whether or not the situation actually existed
means nothing to me either way. I was only curious about what GLBT meant.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old June 16th 08, 07:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

The Drunken Lord wrote:
Yeah, but you're assuming this person is telling the truth. This
person might be telling the truth, might not be. If this person is
telling the truth, well, it's a little far fetched that somebody would
seek to pursue inappropriate relationships with minors on FPN.

I find the explanation offered far-fetched, unless one's considering
possibly exposing any minors to non-Christian religions as
"inappropriate relationships."

In FPN's defense, I do point out that one non-Christian thread relating
to pens is still intact, but I don't want to draw attention to it.

And of course, there's the Buddhist scripture pen threads, also intact.

Basically, this person's "family friendly" description backs up what
I've been saying all along about FPN being basically a right wing
fundamentalist site, at least in the area of political views.

Very much. That said, I'm there to discuss pens.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"
Old June 16th 08, 07:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

The Drunken Lord wrote:
I don't read every thread on FPN, but I am somewhat familiar with
posts from the person masqueblanche is talking about, and I've never
seen anything like this from him, never. And I assume that nobody
else here who reads FPN has seen anything like this either. In fact,
I assume that maqueblanche is talking **** and that this never
happened.

Also my assumption.

"wacky religious beliefs"--anything other than fundamentalist
christianity.

Yep, that'd include me, but so far as I know, none of my (rather tame)
expressions of non-Christianity have been censored.

Old June 17th 08, 02:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:04:13 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

The Drunken Lord wrote:
Yeah, but you're assuming this person is telling the truth. This
person might be telling the truth, might not be. If this person is
telling the truth, well, it's a little far fetched that somebody would
seek to pursue inappropriate relationships with minors on FPN.

I find the explanation offered far-fetched, unless one's considering
possibly exposing any minors to non-Christian religions as
"inappropriate relationships."

Damn, there's only one or two minors I know of on FPN. I don't go
there a lot, but I know the place isn't brimmnig with minors.

In FPN's defense, I do point out that one non-Christian thread relating
to pens is still intact, but I don't want to draw attention to it.

Yeah, I know they'll sometimes permit mention and discussion of
religions other than christianity. But christianity is the only thing
they allow to be promoted. And, as I've said before, I'm not sure
it's so much the admins and the moderators--those right wing fanatics
on FPN are supposedly very vocal about complaining about thoughts that
are different from theirs. That doesn't excuse the FPN moderators and
admins from listening to them, but squeaky wheels get greased, and
there's nothing squeakier or greasier than a, war mongering, hate
mongering, fundamentalist christian

And of course, there's the Buddhist scripture pen threads, also intact.

Basically, this person's "family friendly" description backs up what
I've been saying all along about FPN being basically a right wing
fundamentalist site, at least in the area of political views.

Very much. That said, I'm there to discuss pens.

Well, when you're there, just consider yourself a "guest" in the FPN
********, surrounded by idiots and fundamentalist christians.

You are supposed to consider yourself a guest when you're there,
right?
Old June 17th 08, 02:44 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 22:15:22 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I didn't know what it meant either.

I wonder how that jackass knew what it meant? He's probably a
fundamentalist christian, and they know those kinds of things.
Old June 17th 08, 10:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

masqueblanche wrote:
Hey, you can get defensive if you like. I was just trying to pass along
some additional data about what happened to the mysterious "Kurt" who
seems to have gotten himself banned from FPN and is now posting bitter
messages over at Pentrace, among other places.

Personally, I'm not Christian. Let alone fundamentalist.

I'm sure it had something to do with putting Baron Saturday in his profile
and using Baron Samedi's veve as his avatar for a while. Though that might
have been a reaction.

He could be very helpful, and he could be argumentative, but to his credit,
he'd frequently edit his posts ramping things back.

Anyhow, I do miss his posts on FPN, but I'm glad he's still on Twitter.

Old June 18th 08, 04:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:11:12 -0700, masqueblanche
wrote:

[...]

Whatever you are, I think your story, your hints at the guy being a
pedophile, are totally lame and total hogwash. In case you hadn't
notice, nobody else here seems to be buying your horse**** either.

I don't know why the guy got kicked off FPN, but my guess is that it
wasn't for any legitimate reason.
Old June 18th 08, 04:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:07:04 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

masqueblanche wrote:
Hey, you can get defensive if you like. I was just trying to pass along
some additional data about what happened to the mysterious "Kurt" who
seems to have gotten himself banned from FPN and is now posting bitter
messages over at Pentrace, among other places.

Personally, I'm not Christian. Let alone fundamentalist.

I'm sure it had something to do with putting Baron Saturday in his profile
and using Baron Samedi's veve as his avatar for a while. Though that might
have been a reaction.

He could be very helpful, and he could be argumentative, but to his credit,
he'd frequently edit his posts ramping things back.

Anyhow, I do miss his posts on FPN, but I'm glad he's still on Twitter.

What's his address on twitter?
Old June 18th 08, 04:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:08:02 -0700, masqueblanche
wrote:

The Drunken Lord wrote:

I didn't know what it meant either.

I wonder how that jackass knew what it meant? He's probably a
fundamentalist christian, and they know those kinds of things.

It's a very common acronym and I'd wager widely known by the under-40
set.

Exactly how would you place such a wager? I know I'd wager you if you
were right here in person so I could take it out of your ass if you
didn't pay up.