Venting

Old June 5th 08, 04:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Venting

"Brian Ketterling" wrote in
message ...
In ,
Bluesea wrote:

I think that most
of the people using the forums started on them.

That's probably right, and they probably got there via Google when they
bought their first FP, or revived an old interest. But I also have the
impression that of the smaller population here, there was an exodus to
e.g.
FPN a couple of years ago, when ACPP really went moribund. And I think
there /may/ be a trickle back now.

Yes, as I replied to MatthewK, acp-p died down apparently in conjunction of
my leaving in Oct. '06 and is reviving apparently upon my return .

I didn't know I had such power .

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old June 5th 08, 05:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 21:56:17 -0700, masqueblanche
wrote:

Take a look at www.twitter.com, it's basically a system for providing
continuous updates about what you are doing. Kinda like a micro-blog.

I took a look at twitter.com and they say that's the next killer app?

Looked like a bunch of pure bull**** to me. Probably more fluff there
than on FPN.

I PMed some of the contributors in the know on the closed thread and it
seem they had an ex-Mod who tended to use the forum to promote his
pro-GLBT and somewhat radical religious views.

I've heard that moderator had some far out religious views, but let's
face it: anything other than fundamentalism is considered radical on
FPN.

The FPN team booted him
but he kept posting things that weren't in line with the PC censored
basis of FPN. It seems he pushed them too far this past weekend and
caused the FPN to circle the wagons and crack down on rogue posters.

So what does that mean? That they banned everybody except the ultra
right wing neocons and supporters of George Bush?
Old June 5th 08, 05:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 09:29:04 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
.. .

A lot of those dip****s on FPN go in for traditional
crap, which is why a lot of them use fountain pens.
...and they prefer some old ugly ass blue-black that goes
along iwth their antique pens.

Let's face it: if we couldn't get
Nathan's ink or PR's ink or the new Diamine inks, we'd be left with
the old ugly colors they used back in the days...

I like blue-black and jet black. They're my favorite colors after turquoise.

You ever seen Diamine Mediterranean Blue? It's a blue turquoise--or
maybe just a medium blue with a bit of green in it. It's close to PR
Tropical Blue. Anyway, it's one of my favorite blue-greens.

Here's another 2 cents: PR Naples tops Navaho Turquoise.

If you've never tried it, playing around with blues and greens in a
cartridge with syringes can be fun. What I do is mix one up, and if
it's too green, add some blue to it. I don't measure out like 19
parts this, one part that, three parts that. That's a bunch of
bull**** and a waste of time. Sometimes I wonder if those guys on FPN
don't spend days--or days and nights--perhaps on methamphetamine or
something--coming up with those 19 to 1 mixes.

But if you come up with mix you like, it is a good idea to have a
notebook handy that you can lay down a line of it and the approximate
proportions.

It can be kind of fun watching the ink color change on the page as you
write after you've added some blue or some green to the mix in the
cartridge. **** cleaning the pen out after you add something. Do you
know how much time that would take?

I like bright colors, too, because they're fun. I think conservative colors
will always have a place and be the inks that you'll never be wrong using.
For example, I was taught to never, ever, write a letter with red ink;

I write letters with red ink whenever I please--which is not often,
but I do it sometimes. A whole page of some reds can hurt your eyes
though, writing or reading it.

it's
rude and an insult. Then, I learned that brown is acceptable for non-serious
letters, but green is to be used only for Christmas correspondence. Later, I
read that purple has gone in and out of fashion over time and it's rude to
write in purple when it's out of fashion.

What the hell do I care about whta's in fashion? I write in purple
and green and brown all the time.

But since Baystate Blue has come out, I haven't been switching colors
like I used to.
Old June 5th 08, 05:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:26:12 -0500, "Bluesea"

On 2008-06-04, The Drunken Lord wrote:

This place has been dead--or
close to it--for ages--and I've had to buzz through FPN to find out
about new stuff and that kind of crap. I still have to go to FPN, but
glad to see this place seems to be reviving.

Yeah, since you've been here posting has gone up I think. Even
when you don't post

Gee, I thought it died down because I left and started reviving because I
returned.

Oh, well.

I don't know why the postings are picking up, dude, but you do get
credit for sticking around and maintaining your cool when there's a
hardcore flamer loose on the group.
Old June 5th 08, 05:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

On 2008-06-04, The Drunken Lord wrote:

This place has been dead--or
close to it--for ages--and I've had to buzz through FPN to find out
about new stuff and that kind of crap. I still have to go to FPN, but
glad to see this place seems to be reviving.

Yeah, since you've been here posting has gone up I think. Even
when you don't post

Gee, I thought it died down because I left and started reviving because I
returned.

Oh, well.

what I know? I've only been not lurking for a few months I
think
Old June 6th 08, 10:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

On 2008-06-04, The Drunken Lord wrote:

This place has been dead--or
close to it--for ages--and I've had to buzz through FPN to find out
about new stuff and that kind of crap. I still have to go to FPN, but
glad to see this place seems to be reviving.

Yeah, since you've been here posting has gone up I think. Even
when you don't post

Gee, I thought it died down because I left and started reviving because I
returned.

Oh, well.

I don't know why the postings are picking up, dude,

Yes, I don't know why, either, but it sounded good to me .

but you do get
credit for sticking around and maintaining your cool when there's a
hardcore flamer loose on the group.

Thanks .

Old June 6th 08, 10:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

On 2008-06-04, The Drunken Lord wrote:

This place has been dead--or
close to it--for ages--and I've had to buzz through FPN to find out
about new stuff and that kind of crap. I still have to go to FPN, but
glad to see this place seems to be reviving.

Yeah, since you've been here posting has gone up I think. Even
when you don't post

Gee, I thought it died down because I left and started reviving because I
returned.

Oh, well.

what I know? I've only been not lurking for a few months I
think

I'm glad. When I came back, I was concerned that I'd have to join a forum.

Old June 6th 08, 11:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

wrote:

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message
. ..

I like blue-black and jet black. They're my favorite colors after
turquoise.

You ever seen Diamine Mediterranean Blue?

It's a blue turquoise--or
maybe just a medium blue with a bit of green in it. It's close to PR
Tropical Blue. Anyway, it's one of my favorite blue-greens.

Here's another 2 cents: PR Naples tops Navaho Turquoise.

If you've never tried it, playing around with blues and greens in a
cartridge with syringes can be fun. What I do is mix one up, and if
it's too green, add some blue to it. I don't measure out like 19
parts this, one part that, three parts that. That's a bunch of
bull**** and a waste of time. Sometimes I wonder if those guys on FPN
don't spend days--or days and nights--perhaps on methamphetamine or
something--coming up with those 19 to 1 mixes.

LOL! Like a mad scientist except with shades of ink.

But if you come up with mix you like, it is a good idea to have a
notebook handy that you can lay down a line of it and the approximate
proportions.

Yes, I keep an Ampad for all stray note-taking. After I got my orange, I
recorded it in my journal.

It can be kind of fun watching the ink color change on the page as you
write after you've added some blue or some green to the mix in the
cartridge. **** cleaning the pen out after you add something. Do you
know how much time that would take?

I like chasing a light ink with a darker one such as red followed by black,
but since I usually use Japanese fines it takes about a page before the
second color shows up. If I don't want to wait, flushing the pen is actually
the faster way for me to see the new color.

it's
rude and an insult. Then, I learned that brown is acceptable for
non-serious
letters, but green is to be used only for Christmas correspondence. Later,
read that purple has gone in and out of fashion over time and it's rude to
write in purple when it's out of fashion.

What the hell do I care about whta's in fashion? I write in purple
and green and brown all the time.

I like purple ink a lot. I wouldn't know how to tell if it's out of fashion.

But since Baystate Blue has come out, I haven't been switching colors
like I used to.

Yes, blue isn't a color I use much because it bores me, but I like BSB a
lot.

Old June 6th 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message

You ever seen Diamine Mediterranean Blue?

Oops. I left blank lines so I could look for it, then forgot. Sorry.

Okay, now that I've seen it, it looks nice enough. It's just that blue isn't
my cup of tea except for BSB. I like Noodler's Blue, but don't use it
because I prefer black and blue-black.

Old June 7th 08, 02:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

Bluesea wrote:

"The Drunken Lord" wrote in message

You ever seen Diamine Mediterranean Blue?

Okay, now that I've seen it, it looks nice enough. It's just that blue isn't
my cup of tea except for BSB. I like Noodler's Blue, but don't use it
because I prefer black and blue-black.

I like greenish blues -- I have pretty much all the Noodler's blues, and I
need to hone down the number I have.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"