Venting

Old June 4th 08, 04:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Brian Ketterling

Default Venting

In ,
Bluesea wrote:

I think that most
of the people using the forums started on them.

That's probably right, and they probably got there via Google when they
bought their first FP, or revived an old interest. But I also have the
impression that of the smaller population here, there was an exodus to e.g.
FPN a couple of years ago, when ACPP really went moribund. And I think
there /may/ be a trickle back now.

I like both, and hope neither goes away.

Brian

Old June 4th 08, 06:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

The Drunken Lord wrote:
Damn, I can't go back and look right now--it's bedtime--but I'm sure
it was Pentrace that was mentioned in the thread I read. It said
there was a lot of stuff on Pentrace about censorship on FPN.

It happened on Twitter, but I no longer see titivillus's post that
ignited it. After he was banned, he posted on PT.

I don't even know what Twitter is. Do you have an url?

twitter.com (I'm deirdresm there)

But I went to Pentrace today and didn't see the stuff. I don't know
if I just didn't look good enough though.

Stuff rolls off for good on PT after a few days. Earlier in the week
it stays on for longer, and then the Sunday topics push a bunch of stuff
off.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"
Old June 4th 08, 06:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

masqueblanche wrote:
I PMed some of the contributors in the know on the closed thread and it
seem they had an ex-Mod who tended to use the forum to promote his
pro-GLBT and somewhat radical religious views.

What, because he is a vodou practitioner?
That just doesn't seem that weird to me, but okay.

I mentioned my religious taboo against alcohol and got a PM asking if
I too were Mormon. Heh.

Old June 4th 08, 06:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

On 2008-06-04, The Drunken Lord wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 20:33:06 -0700, masqueblanche
wrote:

The Drunken Lord wrote:
I went to Pentrace to read more about it. Somebody needs to direct
those people here. This is a much better place for discussion than
some censored web board.

But I went to Pentrace today and didn't see the stuff. I don't know
if I just didn't look good enough though.

There is some stuff on pg 3 now. It stated in a thread about
what forumes people posted to.

Not sure if that is the infamous thread or not.

matthew
ohio
Old June 4th 08, 06:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

On 2008-06-04, The Drunken Lord wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:10:08 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

In contrast, usenet server owners distribute costs broadly.

Here's a post I wrote about the whole chatter forum [text in
brackets not in original post but added for context]:
This is how I see it (and why I don't have a problem with the
moderating). I see it [FPN] as the owner's parlour. The owner's
brought in some people to help run the party as they have
time. Any guest who agrees to the parlour owner's sense of
decorum can speak their mind on pens and many other topics.

And here they can speak about FPN horse**** if they please. Damn, it
feels good to blast those ****nuts. This place has been dead--or
close to it--for ages--and I've had to buzz through FPN to find out
about new stuff and that kind of crap. I still have to go to FPN, but
glad to see this place seems to be reviving.

Yeah, since you've been here posting has gone up I think. Even
when you don't post
Old June 4th 08, 06:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

On 2008-06-04, Brian Ketterling wrote:
In ,
Bluesea wrote:

I think that most
of the people using the forums started on them.

That's probably right, and they probably got there via Google when they
bought their first FP, or revived an old interest. But I also have the
impression that of the smaller population here, there was an exodus to e.g.
FPN a couple of years ago, when ACPP really went moribund. And I think
there /may/ be a trickle back now.

I found fpn first and then found this forum while looking for
answers on usenet that couldn't be found of fpn. One of the
other groups I function on is nearly dead now...not enough
readers could ignore or not be bothered by the trolls. I think
it will be back to normal when the crappy weather hits everyone
again.

this thread made me aware of pentrace.

matthew
Old June 4th 08, 11:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 09:54:08 -0500, "Bluesea"
wrote:

"Deirdre Saoirse Moen" wrote in message

Here's a post I wrote about the whole chatter forum [text in
brackets not in original post but added for context]:
This is how I see it (and why I don't have a problem with the
moderating). I see it [FPN] as the owner's parlour. The owner's
brought in some people to help run the party as they have
time. Any guest who agrees to the parlour owner's sense of
decorum can speak their mind on pens and many other topics.

Here we are, long-term guests in a pen party, and that's what
we a guests.

It's a good simile.

Yeah, FPN is a great place if you like being a guest in a ********.
Old June 4th 08, 11:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default Guests in the FPN ********!

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:55:49 -0400, "Brian Ketterling"
wrote:

In ,
Bluesea wrote:

I think that most
of the people using the forums started on them.

That's probably right, and they probably got there via Google when they
bought their first FP, or revived an old interest. But I also have the
impression that of the smaller population here, there was an exodus to e.g.
FPN a couple of years ago, when ACPP really went moribund. And I think
there /may/ be a trickle back now.

Somebody needs to come up with a FAQ to explain to those FPN ****ups
how to get here.

At least here they don't have to feel like guests in some ********.
Old June 4th 08, 11:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:29:23 -0700, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

Stuff rolls off for good on PT after a few days. Earlier in the week
it stays on for longer, and then the Sunday topics push a bunch of stuff
off.

Deidre, why don't you send him an invite to come post on the usenet?
Old June 5th 08, 04:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

On 2008-06-04, The Drunken Lord wrote:

This place has been dead--or
close to it--for ages--and I've had to buzz through FPN to find out
about new stuff and that kind of crap. I still have to go to FPN, but
glad to see this place seems to be reviving.

Yeah, since you've been here posting has gone up I think. Even
when you don't post

Gee, I thought it died down because I left and started reviving because I
returned.

Oh, well.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.