Coin Talk Needs You

Old September 11th 03, 06:43 PM
Peter T Davis

Default Coin Talk Needs You

Howdy Folks,
The forum that I set up last fall, www.cointalk.org is now getting in the
area of 200 unique visitors per day. These are mostly newbies who come in
from the search engines. I've done my homework on website promotion, and
now it's paying off. Now, Coin Talk needs experienced people to guide these
folks. What's in it for you? Well, fame and fortune obviously. All
kidding aside, there are very few sites on the internet that provide an open
forum to the coin collecting community. RCC is the obvious leader, but
being a USENET forum it's a bit obscure. The 200 people a day that visit
Coin Talk are potential customers, and I have surprisingly few coin dealers
there talking to these people. I'm also still looking for ways to make the
site more useful to more people.

Here's a list of keywords that Coin Talk lists well for in the various
search engines...

lord of the rings coins
coin grading
ebay
1 cent 2003 euro forum
nickel
two dollar bill
euro swap forum
coin grading services
double die coin
coin forum
double headed coins
nickel coin
coin grading companies
1955 double die
coin inventory software
new eu countries
presidential medalions
asa accugrade
getting coins appraised
coin pictures
coin talk
nickle coin
national coin grading
1913
lord of the rings coin
counterfeit money
most valuable coin
gold coins
silver bullion auction profit
christmas give aways
coin holders
pictures of the widows mites
alva museum reproductions
euro coins
european coins
how to add an avatar
turkeye
cleaning coins
nupes
euro proof
change euro
acg coins
old european coins
coins nickel
currency collectors
coin discussions
cheap metal detectors
blackbuty
asa grading
gold coin mints
acg coin grading
coin dealer forum
british counterfit coins
fao coins
two headed kennedy half dollar
bill henderson
chrysta wilson
coin collecting bulletin board
romanian coins
september 11 coin
valuable us coins
circulated slick silver dollars
trade chopmarks
history of the nickel
euro dollar
bargins on coins
acg coin
storing copper coins
counterfeit
was the 2000 election stolen?
auction coin pa.
1861 half dime
widowsmite
coins from tv
nickle
the first coin
euro
1913 nickels
1955 double die penny
coinland
numistrust corp
any sertification
athenian tetradrachma
coins nickles
coin forums
coin book
confederate half dollar
pattern coins
common world coin
acg grading forums
mohur coin
coin terminology grade au50
coin show pittsburgh pa
where to buy silver bullion
coins.ebay.com
rumanian coins
eurocoins
collectible coin price rating
pci coin grading
1913 liberty head nickel
barber half dollars
carolus 111 coin from 1783
1917 dime
two dollar error
coins lord rings
sellingcoins
overton bust half prices
coin grading certifying
esylum
half ounce platinum coins
numistrust
vatican euros
henderson coins
values of silver proofs
one cent 1940
most valuable coins
bar
numismatic guaranty corp of america inc.
old canadian currency
yehud coins
coin molds
how to tell if it is really gold
toning coins
coast to coast coins complaints
dollar bill gif
trugrade coin service
spark erosion
how to tone coins
grading
1917 mercury dime
www.euro-group.com
first coin in the world
slabbed coins
1936 nickel worth
toning
1987 error quarter coin
strange french coin
asearch
coppercoins
alexander the great tetradrachm silver
slabbing
crack slabbed coins
old european coins prices
bu coin definition
prezision time
show home user pages in geocites
ancients artefacts
finduser wins
coins money
best place buy platinum coins
chop mark early american coins
morgan silver dollar fakes
3 inch coin
trugrade grading service
silver eagles 500 coin box mint
new york bullion dealer
rg.cointalk
quarter curse
wallpaper coins money
coin framed pic
change euro coins
coins rcc
chop marks on coins
where can i buy st. gaudins 20 dollar gold coins
comemorative coin prices old
christmas coins
commemorative coins niobium use
coin dealers and layaway
confederate gif
how to find out if a penny is copper or zinc
how much is a eruo dollar worth
dl 2 coin collecting software
coin market
cheap slabs
gold greysheets
1916 d dime fake
american eagle gold authorized dealer
how to cut out a coin
buy 1909 s vdb penny
email address of numismatics bureaus
crapped
ms62 coin grading
20th century type set coins with frame
user you belong
coin
getting re registered with ebay
discussion forum
tcgs ms64
coin supplies coin display easels
cut out coin
1965 nickel
e-bay coins
coin grading au bu
where do coins come from
who s on a 100 dollar bill?
maine token
what to do with coins
picture of athenian owl
two dollar us coin
double headed kennedy
liberty head nickel
confederate half dollar 1861 restrike
segs
uncleaned roman coin
how much was gold worth in the 1800s
looking for italian euro coins
hurricane carla pictures
latin translation for julius caesars famous quote
yes gif collections
current values of silver proofs
vdb/penny
add avatar in phpbb2
silver bullion dealers in los angeles
metal detecting gif
laskarina bouboulina
swap euro coins
bu grade coin definition
buy ancient coin in lebanon
1941 jefferson nickel error
vdb hi-tex.
pcgs 1909s vdb
vatican euro prices
counterfit roman coins
two dollar bill 2003
european old coins
best way to avoid ebay fees
how to become a american eagle gold dealer
administrator avatar
ew coin
segs coin grading
garrett gta
euro coins and 30 countries and picture
jewish star of david coin of morocco
how do you know if coins are worth anything?
get silver bullion
avatar coins
coins appraised
stuff to do with coins and what you can do
coin pic
numismatic discussion group
colonial coin chop marks
printable dollar bill
how to tell 1909-s vdb
coin grading companys
cheated.com
20 most u s valuable coins
worst ebayers
liberty nickel
segs coin certification
most valuable us coins
ncg grading
ms61 au50 meaning
nuismatic coins
rip off
fake trade dollar
ana buddy
eu new 10 countries with old one s
1861 confederate half dollar
one cent 1941
buying pcgs certified ms61 coins
tulving honest
slovenian coins
ncg coin postage
coins made niobium
counterfeit indian 1914-d 2 1/2
accented hair kennedy
currency trading
twenty-first century grading service
icg coin grader reputation
area coins akragas
how much is the john wilkinsons coin worth
greysheet
rare coins from china
uploading custom avatars
ebay metal detectors
uncleaned roman
cheap coins collectors
eurocoins 2003
what does pcgs mean
gold vs platinum bullion coins
coin s
new euro coins 2004 -2001 -2002 -1999
head
gif coin quarter dime
avatar file post
buying metal detectors
ugly colored sites
grading us coins
kennedy half dollar error
two - headed half dollar coin
fake trade dollar from china
coin authentication
swap euro coin
carolus 111 1783 coin
2003 proof error
old man of the mountain coin
september 11 dollar
double die
canadian currency pics
bugs bunny half dollar
virg marshall coin
rating coin graders ntc
how to sell in flea markets
coin lord of the rings
iccs grading fees
euro coins mintage
2003 greek coins
iraqi coins denomination
reid tillery
missing us nickel
comemorative coin value
ms64 tcgs
the coins of the lord of the rings
the lord of the rings coins
..ebay coins
numismedia password
accurgrade
contemporary counterfeits
skinner email ltd 2003
1862 confederate 50 cent coin
cointainers
rcc ember
good loupe coins
dipping coins
euro swap
red book coins
currency flips
widows mite value
mortor show
coin dealers waco
ebay .com
territorial gold coin
coin collecter
gold coin grading companies
photograde coin institute
old mint new orleans
carl becker coin reproductions
coin grading org
colection of coins for exchange
buying high feedbacks ebay seller accounts
www.eurocollections.com/catalog
bank accept coins corroded
editor numismatic news
ntc grading population
circulated coins
coin grading discussion
tresure hunters
2003 silver proof set error
labeling coins
list of coins pennies
value of old german coins
valuable coins collect uk worth
christmas give away
island rarities ntc
gold dubloon reproduction
value of a 1914 $2.50 gold piece
how to have fun collecting from circulation
hekte
lincoln penny 1942
1804 bust dollar authenticity
coin club cheap
free web host linkable pics
value of old european money
john albanese pcgs ngc
danscos
dealer give back
eu countries
1861 confederate half dollar worth
bulk bullion purchase direct from mint
grading coins
counterfeitmoney
what will the washington quarter look like
common silver quarter
bullion dealer
archive negative holders pcv
vatican euros for sale
winged lion pic
canadian coin amounts equal to us.
removing poster residue
the widows mite pictures
foreign coin lots
super flea pittsburgh
talk vbulletin
nickel coins
archival numismatic desiccant
texeditor
rip offs
identify roman coin
alva museum replicas ltd.
bank sells american eagle gold coins
reid goldsborough auction
do air-tites snap together
dellers darkener
1019
coin graders
sparedollar.com
advantages of investing in gold
hijazi 2003 email contact
rare coins in circulation
coin collecting forum
mint coins lord of the rings
i m looking for maria theresa silver coins
cent 1943 usa
how to do coin inventory
acg hybrid 2003
lord of the rings public domain
coin thing
ancient rome goverment
coffee and donut pics
coins colection
tcgs coin
shriver coin
most valuable foreign coins
alva museum reproduction
angel gordon
coin spreadsheet
best looking euro coin
details of ebay acquisition of paypal
cheated on ebay
euro ngc slab
where to get coins appraised
photos coin art
slavey petrov
coin guide
alva museum replica
do you clean old coins
vdb penny
coinholder
silver proof sets
coin flip gif
swiss coin 5fr
proof vatican
avatar how to
ebay.com
nice looking site
valuable coin
silver bullion dealers
mint error 2003 silver proof
1800s mexican pesos
how to become a coin dealer
coin error
testing 1234
fake trade dollars
new coins
owl coin
denarii buy
www.icg.pop.coin.report
larry briggs
us pattern coins
king louis xiiii
the best method of cleaning coins is
metal detector rules oregon
coin pop holder euro
outlaw metal detectors
old currencies
crito jpg
romania banknotes
double headed kennedy coin
kick gif
an interesting topic to talk about
double face quarter
being an ana
athena s attribute the owl
coins key dates
metal detector find
rare coins anf their values
numistrust grading
sliver coin club
sheets to store coins
1944 liberty quarter
us coins gif
two headed silver dollar
1942 steel penny
marotta coin numismatic
liberty coins
coins & notes no longer in circulation
1989 silver penny
novelty dollar coins
carolus coin
segs coin grading service
quote get lucky
coin collect usa
two headed coin half dollar
pine tree shilling 1652
coin books
coins mercurys dimes
metal detectors that are cheap but good
changing european money which is not euros
trugrade
1913 nickel
www.blackbuty
coin colectors
coin authentication services
euros countries
who is on a two dollar bill
silver eagle bullion distributors
scam coin dealer
dipped coin
lundy puffin
coin clubs
anonimus e-mail
1941 american nickel
edit avatar
british museum electrotype
coin collecting database access software
panama pacific replica coin
1944 silver guilder
susuan b anthony
two dollar bill collector
ngc coin grading
1941 australian half penny
trade wheat pennies
cheap coins
eu registered countries
collecting dog show medals
foreign coin collection
bad coin dealers
wheat rolls
countries join the eu in 2004
which coin grading service is best
error penny s
why does acetone evaporate so quickly?
the dollar note
1000 mohur gold coin
trade dollar chopmarks
quote on coins
who s head appears on the dime coin?
world coins cheap
silver eagle dealer
cathouse coin
half dollar gif
coin collector
numistrust ntc coin
patterns for euro coins
prices for $20 st. gaudins
eric tillery
foreign phone card collection
error 2003 silver proof set
auction listings
mark morgan gif
modern commems
1944 half penny
spanish coins
pics of canadian currency
double headed silver dollar
new orleans mint
elongated coin clubs
cleaned morgan dollars
printable paper money
u.s. coin collecting
catalog value napoleon silver 5 franc
old german coins
icg ms70 explanation
silver quarter
old man on the mountain
metal detector licence
sabean coins

Old September 11th 03, 07:11 PM
Edward McGrath

Jackass wrote: and I have surprisingly few coin dealers there talking to
these people. snip I hope the "evil one" who over grades and sells his
slobs doesn't find more newbie victims in your coin group.
Ed, RCC member since 2002 took a blood oath to always be faithful and
loyal to RCC and never to stray into other coin discussion rooms or may
I burn in hell : )

Old September 11th 03, 07:57 PM
Peter T Davis

"Edward McGrath" wrote in message
Jackass wrote: and I have surprisingly few coin dealers there talking to
these people. snip I hope the "evil one" who over grades and sells his
slobs doesn't find more newbie victims in your coin group.

Well, my thinking on that is that the more of the good ones we have helping
newbies at Cointalk, the less chance of that happening.

Ed, RCC member since 2002 took a blood oath to always be faithful and
loyal to RCC and never to stray into other coin discussion rooms or may
I burn in hell : )

Sorry to hear that Ed. I've been reading rcc for quite a few years, and my
impression is that the type that gets here is on average more experienced
than the ones coming to Cointalk. Sure, there are the odd newbies here, but
at Cointalk most of the people are newbies.

Peter
http://www.cointalk.org

Old September 11th 03, 08:21 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:57:49 GMT, "Peter T Davis" is
alleged to have written:

[...]

Perhaps what's needed is a link from cointalk to RCC? I'd help out, i think
cointalk is a worthy adventure but my Usenet time is already more than the wife
and the office like it to be.

Bruce

Old September 11th 03, 08:26 PM
JSTONE9352

my Usenet time is already more than the wife
and the office like it to be.

"Are you still on that computer?"
....uh yes sorry.
Old September 12th 03, 12:09 AM
Stujoe

In article ,
Edward McGrath spoke thusly...
Jackass wrote: and I have surprisingly few coin dealers there talking to
these people. snip I hope the "evil one" who over grades and sells his
slobs doesn't find more newbie victims in your coin group.
Ed, RCC member since 2002 took a blood oath to always be faithful and
loyal to RCC and never to stray into other coin discussion rooms or may
I burn in hell : )

CoinTalk is a good forum and worth a look, IMHO. I visit rcc,
Numisaddict and CoinTalk on a regular basis. Daily for rcc and
usually daily for Numisaddict, semi-daily for CoinTalk. I am hitting
the PCGS boards less and less and less but I lurk the NGC boards
usually weekly.

There is a lot of good info out there and I sometimes find things on
other forums that will be of interest here. RCC is still 'home' but I
do like to get out once in a while and see what is happening here and
there. :-)

--
Stu Miller
Coins in the News - Coin Newspaper (Updated Daily):
Old September 12th 03, 02:33 AM
Chrysta Wilson

In article 0v28b.418278$Ho3.66294@sccrnsc03,
says...
Howdy Folks,
The forum that I set up last fall,
www.cointalk.org is now getting in the
area of 200 unique visitors per day. These are mostly newbies who come in
from the search engines. I've done my homework on website promotion, and
now it's paying off. Now, Coin Talk needs experienced people to guide these
folks. What's in it for you? Well, fame and fortune obviously. All
kidding aside, there are very few sites on the internet that provide an open
forum to the coin collecting community. RCC is the obvious leader, but
being a USENET forum it's a bit obscure. The 200 people a day that visit
Coin Talk are potential customers, and I have surprisingly few coin dealers
there talking to these people. I'm also still looking for ways to make the
site more useful to more people.

Hi Peter...I haven't been on Cointalk for a long time...the last few
times I was there it just didn't have much going on, but I see I will
have to visit it again. I just barely even have time to read RCC just
lately, but I'll get there! (something like 700 unread messages on RCC
for me right now, to give you an idea, and usually I check in several
times a day, not once every several days like I have lately!)
--
~~~Chrysta~~~

ANA#R-206318

My Collection: http://www.chrystawilson.com

The Truth About Eric Tillery:
http://www.chrystawilson.com/aboutk6az.html

How to avoid getting cheated on eBay - periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 1 August 16th 03 01:30 AM
Coin grading/authentication services -- periodic post Linda Coins 6 August 8th 03 06:25 AM
A coin I like but you probably won't Bill Krummel Coins 11 August 3rd 03 01:50 PM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM
Coin returns and a question about toning Bill Krummel Coins 28 July 11th 03 02:09 AM