Denmark/Danmark booklet query

Old May 23rd 08, 07:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

Default Denmark/Danmark booklet query

I recently acquired a charmer of a complete booklet, Scott 530a (complete
booklet), the 1973-11-28 Danish Fresco intaglio issue of 10x 70 ores
stamps in five designs.

In the paste-down selvage at the pane's left border (with the top
oriented up), there is a number (11453) inscribed that does not appear to
be in one of the printing colors. Is this a plate, sequence, or other
accounting number, or does it serve some other purpose? If this number
can vary, is there a reference that lists the possible numbers?

I have a feeling this is a question for one of our lurkers to answer.

Best,

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
Old May 23rd 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On May 23, 2:02 am, Joshua McGee wrote:
I recently acquired a charmer of a complete booklet, Scott 530a (complete
booklet), the 1973-11-28 Danish Fresco intaglio issue of 10x 70 ores
stamps in five designs.

In the paste-down selvage at the pane's left border (with the top
oriented up), there is a number (11453) inscribed that does not appear to
be in one of the printing colors. Is this a plate, sequence, or other
accounting number, or does it serve some other purpose? If this number
can vary, is there a reference that lists the possible numbers?

I have a feeling this is a question for one of our lurkers to answer.

Best,

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
President:http://www.penguinstamps.org
Trade?:http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Could you please post a scan?

Blair
Old May 23rd 08, 03:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Fri, 23 May 2008 05:13:53 -0700, Blair (TC) wrote:

[...]

I cannot post a scan of the number without creasing or disassembling the
booklet. I'm linking to scans of the cover, and a photo taken with my
mobile phone of the interior (when I get new batteries for my digital
camera today, I should be able to get a clearer picture in "macro mode",
but you can barely make out the "11453" at the bottom of the pane now --
that will help at least for placement of what I'm talking about.)

http://cjoint.com/?fxqKttoDk0
http://cjoint.com/?fxqJPBU1n2

Old May 23rd 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

"Joshua McGee" skrev i en meddelelse
I recently acquired a charmer of a complete booklet, Scott 530a (complete
booklet), the 1973-11-28 Danish Fresco intaglio issue of 10x 70 ores
stamps in five designs.

In the paste-down selvage at the pane's left border (with the top
oriented up), there is a number (11453) inscribed that does not appear to
be in one of the printing colors. Is this a plate, sequence, or other
accounting number, or does it serve some other purpose? If this number
can vary, is there a reference that lists the possible numbers?

I have a feeling this is a question for one of our lurkers to answer.

Best,

Joshua,
this is the so-called imprinting (production) number of the issue as such.
If you ask the Danish philatelic newsgroup, http://news.dk.fritid.filateli,
you will receive a more precise answer, which I am unable to compose in
English at the moment. Although mainly in Danish language, you can post in
English and will receive an abswer in English. The booklet was engraved by
Czeslaw Slania, http://www.slaniastamps-heindorffhus.com

Best
Mette (Denmark)

Old May 24th 08, 01:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Welcome back
It's comforting to have your presence here again,
our lady is a fighter.

Old May 25th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Sat, 24 May 2008 08:47:17 +0800, rodney wrote:

Welcome back
It's comforting to have your presence here again, our lady is a fighter.

"Mette"
Joshua,
this is the so-called imprinting (production) number of the issue as
such. If you ask the Danish philatelic newsgroup,
http://news.dk.fritid.filateli, you will receive a more precise answer,
which I am unable to compose in English at the moment. Although mainly
in Danish language, you can post in English and will receive an abswer
in English. The booklet was engraved by Czeslaw Slania,
http://www.slaniastamps-heindorffhus.com

Best
Mette (Denmark)

Indeed, welcome back, and thank you for your answer. I will follow up on
the Danish list.

Thanks again,

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
President: http://www.penguinstamps.org
Trade?: http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Denmark query 3. Rod General Discussion 12 August 19th 06 12:04 AM
Denmark Query. Rod General Discussion 4 August 12th 06 12:54 PM
Denmark query. Rod General Discussion 14 July 7th 06 03:06 PM
FA Denmark stamps in booklet panes fatdane Worldwide Stamps 0 April 30th 05 10:45 PM
FA Denmark stamps in booklet panes fatdane Marketplace 0 April 30th 05 10:45 PM