Revenue stamps / Refugee Relief / Special Adhesive

Old January 23rd 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Thomas Golding

Default Revenue stamps / Refugee Relief / Special Adhesive

http://cjoint.com/data/bzqfoa7NHK.htm

http://cjoint.com/data/bzqgj3sUKZ.htm

http://cjoint.com/data/bzqhw4y8dW.htm

Hello,

can you tell me something about theses stamps?

India? Indian state? Date? Value?

Thank you for help.

Thomas
Old January 23rd 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Art

On Jan 23, 10:10*am, Thomas Golding wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/bzqfoa7NHK.htm

http://cjoint.com/data/bzqgj3sUKZ.htm

http://cjoint.com/data/bzqhw4y8dW.htm

Hello,

can you tell me something about theses stamps?

India? Indian state? Date? Value?

Thank you for help.

Thomas

Hi
The first two were used to raise funds for the refugees arriving
from the former East Pakistan. Some were used as postal tax stamps on
letters, or as a tax in 1971 on certain documents. There are a large
umber of local and regional overprints.
The Special Adhesive is a general revenue used as a documentary
stamp. There might be 250 varieties of this type from the federal
government plus the ones for the providences.

Art
Old January 24th 09, 08:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

The first is a Revenue stamp overprinted for use in Gujarat State.
The second is a Revenue overprinted for Refugee Relief, as Art says.
The third is a general British era revenue.

In general, Indian revenue stamps are fairly common, and have little
value, I'm afraid.

Tony

Old January 24th 09, 02:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Thomas Golding

Art schrieb:
On Jan 23, 10:10 am, Thomas Golding wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/bzqfoa7NHK.htm

http://cjoint.com/data/bzqgj3sUKZ.htm

http://cjoint.com/data/bzqhw4y8dW.htm

Hello,

can you tell me something about theses stamps?

India? Indian state? Date? Value?

Thank you for help.

Thomas

Hi
The first two were used to raise funds for the refugees arriving
from the former East Pakistan. Some were used as postal tax stamps on
letters, or as a tax in 1971 on certain documents. There are a large
umber of local and regional overprints.
The Special Adhesive is a general revenue used as a documentary
stamp. There might be 250 varieties of this type from the federal
government plus the ones for the providences.

Art

Thank you for help, Art.

Thomas