TECH: Tips or advice replacing Rowe combo cd player

Old February 27th 08, 12:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default TECH: Tips or advice replacing Rowe combo cd player

I am replacing the pd-m40 pioneer cd player in my Rowe R-93. I just
bought one on Ebay. I know there is the board for the interface inside
with leads soldered to the cd player board. Anyone have any tips or
advice on switching that over to the new (old) cd player. Did they
actually use solder? Thanks, Steve
Old March 1st 08, 11:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Feb 27, 10:31 pm, wrote:
I am replacing the pd-m40 pioneer cd player in my Rowe R-93. I just
bought one on Ebay. I know there is the board for the interface inside
with leads soldered to the cd player board. Anyone have any tips or
advice on switching that over to the new (old) cd player. Did they
actually use solder? Thanks, Steve

Yes, they used solder

there are 4 wires
+5 Gnd, wire to the IR receiver and Mute

Just put them on the same places on the board in the new player that
they were in the old player
--------
if you dont have a player, or you have bought a different model then:

+5 and ground are easy to determine

the IR wire goes to the IR receiver on the front panel- there will be
3 legs on it +V, Gnd and signal, you connect to the signal line

There should be links on the main PCB marked "mute" you may have to
experiment with different links to find a MUTE that is the right
polarity if there are more than one.

if you are using the interface board and not wiring directly, then its
pretty much impossible to blow anything up.

Old March 2nd 08, 02:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Mar 1, 6:06*pm, kreed wrote:
On Feb 27, 10:31 pm, wrote:

[...]

Yes I have the old player and the interface board, all still
connected. Thanks!