Seeburg USC1 Digital Receiver & Decoder question

Old December 24th 03, 06:53 AM
Josh

Default Seeburg USC1 Digital Receiver & Decoder question

Hi all,
I posted a while ago about my juke going crazy and not selecting anything.
I contacted the seller, and he is sending me another gray box working, the
digital reciever & decoder. I have no idea what I did to kill the first
one, if I did anything. Right now, the juke is stuck in a loop of playing
each and every 'a' side and 'b' side since i did the d cell battery test.
When I plug in the new box, or before that, should I be doing something to
get the juke out of this loop to avoid frying the new box, like trying to
get the juke out of this loop, or is this even an issue? I was concerned,
because I read at a site somewhere that every selection is energized now,
since the juke is currently brain dead and cannot select anything
specific,so I didn't want to fry the new box when I install it.

Thanks,
Josh
http://www.joshkaplan.com, home of Pinball Central

Old December 24th 03, 04:55 PM
Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner

Just unplug the old gray box and connect the new one

at least you know your tomat is working if it is selecting all the songs
with the battery test you may still have to eject all the songs when
connecting the new box the tomat may still be energized after that try
to make a selection and as for killing the gray box some of them are 30
years old just moving the machine will do it but not likely

Jim W

Old December 24th 03, 06:08 PM
Josh

Thanks! Did the gray boxes fail a lot on location?

Josh
http://www.joshkaplan.com, home of Pinball Central
"Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner" wrote in
message link.net...

Old December 24th 03, 08:48 PM

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 17:08:49 GMT, "Josh"
wrote:

Thanks! Did the gray boxes fail a lot on location?

Only occasionally.

When you replace the gray box, make sure you do so with the power off.
The clear the tormat memory, unplug the RCA connector from the DCC and
manually put the machine into scan. When it stops, the memory will be
reset, unless you have a problem in the sense circuit somewhere.

Cheers,

Tony Miller

Old December 24th 03, 10:32 PM
Josh

The new decoder box came in today, USPS. I knew who that was at the
doorbell right around 1:30 PM. Cleared the tormat memory, shut off and
unplugged the unit, installed the new box, and...it works!! Didn't expect
it to be that easy. Thanks to everyone for the help. If you are in the
Reading, PA area or at the York Pinball Show, do not hesitate to buy a juke
from Ken Koch. He quickly got a replacement decoder/receiver box to me,
although the juke was sold as/is at the York recently.

Question: My new box says it's warranteed until Sept. 1979. I thought the
old one said 9/73 or maybe it was 9/75. Does anybody know what years this
kind of box was used from? Until now, I figured this one box was for this
one unit, but that would be impossible since they all say 3 year warranty
and my USC1 is a '71 model.

Also, what kind of bulbs are used in the selection # lights and where's the
cheapest, most reliable place to buy these from new? I think most or all of
the bulbs are good since they work intermittantly, but the legs are
corroded, so I figure I'd replace them and be done with it for a while.
Coincidentally, before the last box croaked, I was pulling out and switching
around a couple bulbs to see which ones worked. I thought I cut the power
off when I did this, but I can't remember for sure. This couldn't have
fried the decoder box if it had been with the power on?

Thanks,
Josh

Old December 25th 03, 10:46 AM
Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner

if I remember right it is the dual pin #19 bulbs for the selection playing
indicator

http://www.marcospec.com/Merchant2/m...ory_Code=LAMPS

ignore their picture it is the wrong pic but the right bulb these are
the ones i got for my Olympian it is a pinball place decent on the price

Jim W

Old December 25th 03, 04:42 PM
Josh

Thanks Jim. I've heard of Marco. A pinball place is the last place I would
have looked.

Josh
http://www.joshkaplan.com home of Pinball Central

"Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner" wrote in
message link.net...
if I remember right it is the dual pin #19 bulbs for the selection playing
indicator

http://www.marcospec.com/Merchant2/m...oduct_Code=04-
0019&Category_Code=LAMPS

Seeburg USC1 problems Josh Juke Boxes 7 December 17th 03 02:29 PM
Seeburg Amp ,C,G,W,R question george craig Juke Boxes 3 October 7th 03 03:05 PM
Question: on MODEL 100-79M seeburg Happy Seeburg Olympian Owner Juke Boxes 2 September 4th 03 06:11 AM
Seeburg 100 C Pin Bank Question. Bernie Juke Boxes 0 August 5th 03 06:49 AM