Ping Brian Blackwell (OC Merc)

Old March 16th 04, 12:39 AM
Stujoe

Default Ping Brian Blackwell (OC Merc)

Do you remember the OC MERC you let me use in my website museum?

http://www.coinpeople.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=827

Well, someone just posted about seeing something online about 1940 Mercs
and Die Cracks:

http://www.coinpeople.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21859

Dunno if it will be helpful to you but I remember at the time you were
interested in leads on which mint it might be from.

--
Stujoe
http://www.coinpeople.com
Old March 16th 04, 01:07 AM
Brian

Well, someone just posted about seeing something online about 1940 Mercs
and Die Cracks:

http://www.coinpeople.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21859

Dunno if it will be helpful to you but I remember at the time you were
interested in leads on which mint it might be from.

Thanks Stu. I appreciate the info. Even though circumstances required me to
sell it, I am still interested in the mint of issue.

--

Brian Blackwell
SPMC 9522 ANA LM2644

Old March 16th 04, 01:12 AM
J. Craton

Stujoe wrote:

Do you remember the OC MERC you let me use in my website museum?

http://www.coinpeople.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=827

That is still the most delicious o/c merc that I have ever seen!

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------

Nick is a DICK!
Reid is a troglodyte!

Old March 16th 04, 02:19 AM
Stujoe

On 16 Mar 2004 01:07:57 GMT, Brian wrote:

Well, someone just posted about seeing something online about 1940 Mercs
and Die Cracks:

http://www.coinpeople.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21859

Dunno if it will be helpful to you but I remember at the time you were
interested in leads on which mint it might be from.

Thanks Stu. I appreciate the info.

No problem.

Even though circumstances required me to
sell it,

Sorry to hear that.

I am still interested in the mint of issue.

I think the case is pretty much solved, IMHO, after seeing the Ebay
auction the poster found!

--
Stujoe
http://www.coinpeople.com
Old March 16th 04, 03:02 AM
Brian

I think the case is pretty much solved, IMHO, after seeing the Ebay
auction the poster found!

Agreed. I also agree that the crack on the OC was more pronounced. The die
striking a partially loaded planchet must have put a lot of pressure on that
crack. I wonder how much longer that die lasted.

Old March 16th 04, 12:12 PM
Stujoe

On 16 Mar 2004 03:02:04 GMT, Brian wrote:

I think the case is pretty much solved, IMHO, after seeing the Ebay
auction the poster found!

Agreed. I also agree that the crack on the OC was more pronounced. The
die
striking a partially loaded planchet must have put a lot of pressure on
that
crack. I wonder how much longer that die lasted.

I thought the same thing that being struck OC may have enlarged the crack
or maybe even caused that coin to be the last one struck off that die.
Pretty cool stuff.

--
Stujoe
http://www.coinpeople.com