North Korean "supernote" fakes showing up in Las Vegas

Old December 17th 05, 02:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

Default North Korean "supernote" fakes showing up in Las Vegas

http://www.gamblingmagazine.com/mana...?C=280&A=16283

Old December 18th 05, 12:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

"stonej" wrote in news:1134828844.390950.83740
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

http://www.gamblingmagazine.com/mana...?C=280&A=16283

Man, when are we going to finally take out those clowns? We're losing good
soldiers on a worthless dump like Iraq while the NKs threaten us with
nukes, launch test missiles over Japan, and flood the world with fake
dollars. Way bigger threat than all the terrorists in the world put
together.
Old December 18th 05, 02:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

"Some Guy" wrote in message
1...
"stonej" wrote in news:1134828844.390950.83740
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

http://www.gamblingmagazine.com/mana...?C=280&A=16283

Man, when are we going to finally take out those clowns? We're losing good
soldiers on a worthless dump like Iraq while the NKs threaten us with
nukes, launch test missiles over Japan, and flood the world with fake
dollars. Way bigger threat than all the terrorists in the world put
together.

The US only invades countries with substantial oil reserves. Billy

Old December 18th 05, 02:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

Man, when are we going to finally take out those clowns? We're losing
good
soldiers on a worthless dump like Iraq while the NKs threaten us with
nukes, launch test missiles over Japan, and flood the world with fake
dollars. Way bigger threat than all the terrorists in the world put
together.

An all out attack on North Korea would not
be a fun experience except for Chuck Norris
gung ho types. They have a substantial army
to deal with. I think that American and South
Korean forces would eventually win but it would
not be pretty.

The US is hoping that the North Korean govt.
collapses on its own from its internal weaknesses.

Old December 18th 05, 08:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

"stonej" wrote in news:1134917743.114803.86580
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

An all out attack on North Korea would not
be a fun experience except for Chuck Norris
gung ho types. They have a substantial army
to deal with. I think that American and South
Korean forces would eventually win but it would
not be pretty.

The US is hoping that the North Korean govt.
collapses on its own from its internal weaknesses.

Are you kidding me? They have no food, no fuel, no electricity, no nothing.
Their pathetic army would fold as soon as they got a taste of our military
power. We took down Saddam in 100 hrs the first time. I bet we'd take down
the NK govt in under 48 hrs. We wouldn't have to worry about any insurgents
either. Those people are starving in the street and living in fear. They'd
embrace ANY country that came to topple the scumbags running that place. We
can leave the Chinese to worry about humanitarian relief and paying for
rebuilding since they had a hand in creating and supporting the regime. We
can then move on to Syria, Iran, Zimbabwe, Cuba, and Venezuela.
Old December 18th 05, 09:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

Are you kidding me? They have no food, no fuel, no electricity, no
nothing.
Their pathetic army would fold as soon as they got a taste of our
military
power.

No, I'm not kidding you. What limited resources they have has been put
into
their military. Their army of around 600,000 is not the rag tag kind
of outfit
that was Saddam's.

I have no doubt the combined US and South Korean military forces would
win
but it would not be the easy cake walk that you think it would be.

Old December 19th 05, 02:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

North Korean military strength. I was off on the 600,000 number.

http://www.fas.org/irp/world/rok/nis-docs/defense08.htm

Old December 19th 05, 03:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

stonej wrote:
Are you kidding me? They have no food, no fuel, no electricity, no
nothing.
Their pathetic army would fold as soon as they got a taste of our
military
power.

No, I'm not kidding you. What limited resources they have has been put
into
their military. Their army of around 600,000 is not the rag tag kind
of outfit
that was Saddam's.

I have no doubt the combined US and South Korean military forces would
win
but it would not be the easy cake walk that you think it would be.

One carrier fleet could cause that army to collapse. The problem would
be building up something in it's place. North Korea has got to be in a
lot worse shape than Iraq although the neighbours would probably
contribute a bit more.

Old December 20th 05, 01:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money

One carrier fleet could cause that army to collapse. The problem would

be building up something in it's place. North Korea has got to be in a

lot worse shape than Iraq although the neighbours would probably
contribute a bit more.

If North Korea has such a weak military why are we wasting time
negotiating with
them over the nuclear program? Just go right in and end the regime.

I think they have the potential to do a lot of damage in a war, in
particular the South
Korean capitol of Seoul which is only about 30 miles from the border.
A war might
not last long but it could get very ugly especially at the start.