Where is Taiwan in the Krause catalog?

Old February 18th 05, 09:27 PM
Scot Kamins

Default Where is Taiwan in the Krause catalog?

Folks,

I received my first batch of world coins in the mail today (eBay "75
Coins from 75 Countries"). One of the k=coins I THINK is from Taiwan -
it has a left-facing portrait of whom I take to be Chaing Kai-Shek. But
I can't locate it in the Krause 2001 Standard Catalog of World Coins no
matter where I look. (I tried the various configurations under China).

I found a match by going to the Central Bank of China website:

http://www.cbc.gov.tw/EngHome/eissue/Coins.asp

(NT$1 coin near the bottom of the page)

But it must be in Krause, no?
Old February 18th 05, 09:32 PM
gogu

Ο "Scot Kamins" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
Folks,

I received my first batch of world coins in the mail today (eBay "75
Coins from 75 Countries"). One of the k=coins I THINK is from Taiwan -
it has a left-facing portrait of whom I take to be Chaing Kai-Shek. But
I can't locate it in the Krause 2001 Standard Catalog of World Coins no
matter where I look. (I tried the various configurations under China).

I found a match by going to the Central Bank of China website:

http://www.cbc.gov.tw/EngHome/eissue/Coins.asp

(NT$1 coin near the bottom of the page)

But it must be in Krause, no?

Scot, in People's Republic of China, look at "Taiwan Republic".

--
E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html
http://www.romclub.4t.com/rabin.html

Old February 18th 05, 10:00 PM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
"gogu" wrote:

Ο "Scot Kamins" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
Folks,

I received my first batch of world coins in the mail today (eBay "75
Coins from 75 Countries"). One of the k=coins I THINK is from Taiwan -
it has a left-facing portrait of whom I take to be Chaing Kai-Shek. But
I can't locate it in the Krause 2001 Standard Catalog of World Coins no
matter where I look. (I tried the various configurations under China).

I found a match by going to the Central Bank of China website:

http://www.cbc.gov.tw/EngHome/eissue/Coins.asp

(NT$1 coin near the bottom of the page)

But it must be in Krause, no?

Scot, in People's Republic of China, look at "Taiwan Republic".

Gogu,

I can't find "Taiwan Republic"! Do you have a page reference?

Thanks!
Old February 18th 05, 10:04 PM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
"gogu" wrote:

Ο "Scot Kamins" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
Folks,

I received my first batch of world coins in the mail today (eBay "75
Coins from 75 Countries"). One of the k=coins I THINK is from Taiwan -
it has a left-facing portrait of whom I take to be Chaing Kai-Shek. But
I can't locate it in the Krause 2001 Standard Catalog of World Coins no
matter where I look. (I tried the various configurations under China).

I found a match by going to the Central Bank of China website:

http://www.cbc.gov.tw/EngHome/eissue/Coins.asp

(NT$1 coin near the bottom of the page)

But it must be in Krause, no?

It is :-)
Y#551.
From 1981 to 1996.

OH! There it is - Page 484!!!

Thanks, Eagle Eye Gugu!!!!
Old February 18th 05, 10:05 PM
James Higby

"Scot Kamins" wrote in message
Folks,

I received my first batch of world coins in the mail today (eBay "75
Coins from 75 Countries"). One of the k=coins I THINK is from Taiwan -
it has a left-facing portrait of whom I take to be Chaing Kai-Shek. But
I can't locate it in the Krause 2001 Standard Catalog of World Coins no
matter where I look. (I tried the various configurations under China).

I found a match by going to the Central Bank of China website:

http://www.cbc.gov.tw/EngHome/eissue/Coins.asp

(NT$1 coin near the bottom of the page)

But it must be in Krause, no?

In the 32nd edition of Krause I found Taiwan to follow the alphabetized
provincial listings under the general rubric of China, Republic of. The
pages are 413 through 415.

James

Old February 18th 05, 10:06 PM
gogu

"gogu" wrote:

Ο "Scot Kamins" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
Folks,

I received my first batch of world coins in the mail today (eBay "75
Coins from 75 Countries"). One of the k=coins I THINK is from Taiwan -
it has a left-facing portrait of whom I take to be Chaing Kai-Shek. But
I can't locate it in the Krause 2001 Standard Catalog of World Coins no
matter where I look. (I tried the various configurations under China).

I found a match by going to the Central Bank of China website:

http://www.cbc.gov.tw/EngHome/eissue/Coins.asp

(NT$1 coin near the bottom of the page)

But it must be in Krause, no?

Scot, in People's Republic of China, look at "Taiwan Republic".

Gogu,

I can't find "Taiwan Republic"! Do you have a page reference?

Thanks!

Yes, page 479 on my 2003 version of the Krause catalogue.
It's after the "Republic of China" and before the "China-Japanese Puppet
States" (East Hopei, Manchoukuo, Meng Chiang, etc).

Old February 19th 05, 12:12 AM
Scot Kamins

In article ,
"James Higby" heezerbumfrool[at]hotmail[dot]com wrote:

In the 32nd edition of Krause I found Taiwan to follow the alphabetized
provincial listings under the general rubric of China, Republic of. The
pages are 413 through 415.

Thanks, James. Found it with Gogu's expert help. I appreciate the
response.
Old February 20th 05, 12:53 PM
gogu

"gogu" wrote:

Ο "Scot Kamins" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
Folks,

I received my first batch of world coins in the mail today (eBay "75
Coins from 75 Countries"). One of the k=coins I THINK is from Taiwan -
it has a left-facing portrait of whom I take to be Chaing Kai-Shek. But
I can't locate it in the Krause 2001 Standard Catalog of World Coins no
matter where I look. (I tried the various configurations under China).

I found a match by going to the Central Bank of China website:

http://www.cbc.gov.tw/EngHome/eissue/Coins.asp

(NT$1 coin near the bottom of the page)

But it must be in Krause, no?

It is :-)