Broadway In-Person

Old June 19th 04, 04:35 AM
JennyG1403

Default Broadway In-Person

I was in NYC for a conference, and was lucky enough to see A Raisin in the Sun
(without P.Diddy thought.) It was a fabulous play, unfortunately I went to the
matinee so nobody signed. I went to the Mets/Indians game that evening
(Wednesday) and only got one autograph. I did conference activities all day
Thursday, and they ended around 9:30. I was staying at a hotel right next to
the theatre where A Raisin in the Sun was being performed, so I went down
around 10:20 to try my luck again. I waited for a good 30 minutes before the
show let out, talked it up with the securty guards (I was the only person
standing at the stage door). After the play let out more and more people came
over to stand, and I was looking around me, and I noticed this abnormally tall
man walking down the sidewalk signing. I hustled over and while he was
signing, I figured out it was Chris Webber stupid me, forgetting the cardinal
rule of collecting - bring two items with you), I had him sign the playbill.
In the mean time they had set up those metal barriers to keep people back, Bill
Nunn came out ( Robbie Robertson in Spiderman/Lietenuant in Sister Act ), I
called him over and hand him sign my playbill. About 20 minutes later, lo and
behold P. Diddy came out, and immediately went to the side I was not on. Thank
goodness for becoming friends with the security guy, because he brought him
right over to me, and he signed my playbill. Then he (P. Diddy) went to the
left of me and worked his way down, coming back to where I was standing. I was
trying to stand back so other people could get to him, and he took my playbill!
He was going so fast, that by the time I said, "You already signed it." he
shrugged and said, "oh" He signed for about 5 minutes just going down the
line, and then he climbed into his suburban and was off. About 10 minutes
later, after the majority of people had left, Phylicia Rashad came out and
signed for EVERYONE. She's such a nice person, and was chatting it up and
everything. So the playbill signed by Chris Webber, Bill Nunn, Sean Combs/P.
Diddy (twice) and Phylicia Rashad becomes the 100th autographed playbill in my
collection.

Hope everyone had a great week!
Jen
Old June 19th 04, 06:04 AM
Gunther

Cool story, Jen, thanks for sharing your experience. Chris Webber on
that playbill will certainly make it unique.

Old June 19th 04, 01:31 PM
dahoov2

GREAT Story and a coup at 100. And I agree with Gunther that Chris
Webber is a GREAT one. Wow, two P Diddy's! That was pretty funny and
I must say very cool of you to step back for others. Glad you went
back!!!! And congrats on the ball player, who was it?

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Old June 19th 04, 02:32 PM
JennyG1403

Raul Gonzalez or Raul Hernandez, I forget...he's #45
Old June 19th 04, 04:44 PM
Bcoton

Good job! I liked how you knew to make friends with the security guard. I am
sure he could tell you were a real fan and collector.

Is it worth writing to Baseball Parks? michael wheeler Autographs 5 June 8th 04 01:07 AM
Autographs in Person Earl Autographs 0 September 7th 03 10:19 AM
Kevin's IN PERSON 411...7/18 FOX NETWORK PARTY GraphRackr Autographs 2 July 21st 03 01:21 PM
Kevin's IN PERSON 411 HARRISON FORD, BROOKE BURNS, BROOKE BURKE, and more GraphRackr Autographs 1 July 18th 03 05:14 PM
Kevin's IN PERSON 411....6/29 GraphRackr Autographs 3 June 30th 03 07:13 AM