Mette passed away last night.

Old April 3rd 09, 10:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Default Mette passed away last night.

"Jan Doggen" wrote:

Maybe there is the possibility that her pages can be preserved more
structurally? Anyone of us has a (web) place/opportunity for that?
Her family will surely read her personal email some time after now...

Jan

Hi Jan

If I should host her pages I would have no problem leaving them as
they are. But I will not be involved in the preservation of her web
pages at all.

Unfortunately I'm not sure that any would read Mette's e-mail. As far
as I know her husband is not able to use a computer and her computer
crashed early in 2008 and as far as I know she didn't managed to get a
new one running before she passed away.
Mvh Toke

--
Posthistorikere / slægtsforske Bogen
om 4300 danske postfolk 1624-1927:
Old April 4th 09, 08:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
A. van Reenen

My sincere condolencies

Ton

"Toke Nørby" schreef in bericht
At 4 pm today Ann Mette Heindorff's step daughter phoned me with the
sad news that Mette passed away last night. She lost the fight against
a lung cancer.

May she rest in peace.
Mvh Toke

Old April 5th 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Todd Ronnei

Mette's Slania site is in no danger of vanishing. Mette transferred
the site to me almost two years ago with the understanding that I
would continue to maintain it, which I intend to do.

Unfortunately, I do not know if she made similar arrangements for her
other sites. She mentioned to me the possibility of archiving them at
the Danish postal museum in Copenhagen, but I do not know if she
followed through with that.

-Todd Ronnei
USA

Old April 5th 09, 11:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Todd Ronnei wrote:

Mette's Slania site is in no danger of vanishing. Mette transferred
the site to me almost two years ago with the understanding that I
would continue to maintain it, which I intend to do.

Great! (Several month ago she told me about the agreement with you).

Unfortunately, I do not know if she made similar arrangements for her
other sites. She mentioned to me the possibility of archiving them at
the Danish postal museum in Copenhagen, but I do not know if she
followed through with that.

-Todd Ronnei
USA

I know that Mette talked to more people (my stamp club - Mette was a
member too, and our webmaster) to find out what should happen to her
other pages and I know that she made an agreement with the Danish
Motif Society (http://motivsamler.dk/). Her pages will be transferred
to their site in some time.

I can't imagine that the Danish postal museum would host her pages if
she once asked at the museum.
Mvh Toke

Old April 5th 09, 01:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Toke Nørby schrieb:
Todd Ronnei wrote:

[...]

Dear Toke,

I had a small Email-Exchange with Mette last August, and I think Mette
would agree to share it with You in this part. Mette wrote :

"Talking with you gave me the ultimate idea for safeguarding my websites
for
the benefit of others. Our postal museum has expressed interest in
keeping the
sites on CD-roms, and so it will be :-)) For me, making a CD-rom of
each of them
is no big deal -- and they can be copied as much as the readers like,
and thus be kept for "eternity".

and:

Thanks again for giving me the idea about the Postal Museum and the
opportunity they offer :-)) I know the curator, Mr. Erik Jensen, quite
well through some years; he has been extremely helpful in setting up my
Slania-site and verifying some data.

So I think she made it pretty well.May be You could ask Mr. Erik Jensen
personally whether all was arranged according to Mettes plans.

kind regards

Gerhard

Old April 5th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Gerhard Reichert wrote:

Toke Nørby schrieb:

....snip
[...]

Dear Gerhard.
I had no knowledge of that (and Mette should of course not keep me
informed about what she had arranged or intended to arrange for her
own pages).

The last e-mail I had from Mette is from 23. August 2008 and in this
or in earlier e-mail she didn't mentioned that she would like her
pages to be stored at the museum. I know that she from that time had
many, many problems with her health also due to the treatment she had.

Sh told me in the phone that her computer gave her some trouble (or
she had not the energy to communicate by e-mail any more) so I talked
to her in the phone instead.

I have known Erik Jensen for more than 30 years (he is my personal
friend) and I have a clear feeling of what he would say if he was
asked to host somebodies pages. He would say "no".

But as you suggested I phoned him (I caught him at home this evening)
a few minutes ago and he said that he remembered that Mette talked
about her pages and he said that she was welcome to submit a CD - but
she never sent it. Anyway the museum could not include them on their
own home page, he told me.

But Mette's pages will be kept and Jørgen Jørgensen, the president of
Danish Thematic Association (DTA) (not "The Danish Motif Society" as I
wrote, sorry) wrote us today:

"I can inform you that I - on behalf of the Danish Thematic
Association (DTA http://motivsamler.dk) - November 2008 agreed with
Ann Mette Heindorff that DTA after her death should host all here
sites with the "family name" heindorffhus.dk".

Mvh Toke

Old April 5th 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

wrote, sorry) wrote us today:

"I can inform you that I - on behalf of the Danish Thematic
Association (DTA http://motivsamler.dk) - November 2008 agreed with
Ann Mette Heindorff that DTA after her death should host all here
sites with the "family name" heindorffhus.dk".

Mvh Toke

--
Posthistorikere / slægtsforske Bogen
om 4300 danske postfolk 1624-1927:
http://www.norbyhus.dk/DDPE/
kan lånes på dit lokale bibliotek.

Dear Toke,

this conversation with Mette ended on 03.August 2008.
As Victor Manta wrote today and You confirmed now, will Mettes work
become a fine new place. And we will have a fine new place to remember
her and her work.

Thank You Toke and Victor.

all the best to You

Gerhard
Old April 6th 09, 01:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

Very sad news, which I have only just seen.

While I never met her, she had a wide knowledge
of philatelic matters, and excellent web sites,
and I enjoyed our occasional correspondence.

It is fitting that the web sites can be maintained and
will be a fitting tribute to her.

My condolences to all her family.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old April 9th 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Toke Nørby wrote :
At 4 pm today Ann Mette Heindorff's step daughter phoned me with the
sad news that Mette passed away last night. She lost the fight against
a lung cancer.

May she rest in peace.
Mvh Toke

Hello Toke,

I have beeen deeply shoked by these very bad news ...

We had a lot of things in common like our past experiences in embassies
or her immense knowledge of French language which permitted us to
exchange our thoughts quite frequently by e-mails or by phone.
Especially in bad moments, when she got attacked here and in her mailbox
by some mad man or when she suffered a lot of worries with the very
bad health of her husband, Poul.

Some years ago, we had arranged to finally meet in Paris, but they had
come back quickly to Denmark following a new problem in Poul's health.

Over the years, we exchanged tens of mails, letters, small gifts ...
Yesterday, I have been deeply moved by reading again all her personal
e-mails.

She was really a very nice lady, une "grande dame".
I already miss her and I send all my thoughts to Poul.

--
Pierre Courtiade

Mette Blair (TC) General Discussion 3 October 29th 08 12:23 AM
did we miss that ingmar berman passed, or that bill walsh- a real legend- also passed ? barefoot Autographs 10 August 3rd 07 10:04 AM
OT a little, Mette or ?? Ralphael1 General Discussion 7 November 8th 05 05:34 PM
Art Kagin passed away last night stonej Coins 8 September 23rd 05 12:11 AM