Sweden 1870s

Old June 1st 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default Sweden 1870s

Can anyone please tell me why some of the Swedish stamps of 1872 have a post
horn printed on the back? In my used set of 1972 only the 20öre and the
30öre have it. I cannot find any reference notes in my 2005 Scott
catalogue. Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old June 1st 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Tony Vella" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me why some of the Swedish stamps of 1872 have a
post horn printed on the back? In my used set of 1972 only the 20öre and
the 30öre have it. I cannot find any reference notes in my 2005 Scott
catalogue. Thanks in advance.

I just discovered the 1886 issues. Darn, I think I been sold a pup!

Old June 2nd 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

G'day Tony,
they belong to the family of "control marks"
Rodney.

Hello Sweden! ArtoPKT Hockey 0 July 14th 04 10:41 AM
FA: Sharon Railway stock certificate (Penn.) 1870s JSTONE9352 General 0 March 26th 04 11:40 AM
FA: Vermont currency - civil war & 1870s JSTONE9352 General 0 February 16th 04 10:58 PM
FA: 25 cent N. Pownal, Vermont currency 1870s JSTONE9352 General 0 November 30th 03 09:23 PM