(RCSD) Mette Update Question

Old June 9th 08, 08:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default (RCSD) Mette Update Question

Hi All,

Rodney mentioned Mette in one of his posts. Can anybody give an
update on how Mette is doing?

Jerry B
Old June 9th 08, 04:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

skrev i en meddelelse
Hi All,

Rodney mentioned Mette in one of his posts. Can anybody give an
update on how Mette is doing?

Thanks for asking, Jerry :-) The cancer has metastased into my brain, and
affected my memory badly. The next 3-day chemotherapic treatment starts this
coming wednesday, and will wear me totally out for some time. At present all
Danish nurses are on strike for higher wages (and have been so for 2 months
with no governmental intervention to stop the strike), but luckily cancer
patients are exempted from the legally required emergency setup, in order
not to have all Danes untimely "murdered" by striking nurses !!! The
medics have given me 6 months survival without treatment, and as much as
18-24 more months with appropriate treatment. Further longevity should
(theoretically) be possible through a new chemotherapy, named "Alimta",
though requiring a better starting point than I could evcr offer. It is a
consolation though, that X-rays show no signs of smoker lungs, but give
evidence of genetic heritage from both my parents. No smoking guns or
lungs around here ;-)

This afternoon I shall be at physical rehab, including retraining my ruined
voice, which 3 months after a biopsy in the throat still sounds like a
fish-monger.

Thanks again to all and every-one who has contacted me privately. I will
answer them all in due time.

Mette

Old June 9th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David French[_2_]

[...]

Hello Mette, and bless you.

Don't take too much notice of figures like 6, 18 or 24 months.
They are just a 'stab-in-the-dark' by medical theorists.

Remember my case? I was given around 6 months to live when
I was 16 - I am now heading for my 52nd. Birthday in September!
36 years of 'borrowed time' is not bad, eh??

If you have the attitude to survive then the battle is more than half
won. The body is a remarkable thing, and can do things that the
doctors have never explained, so keep as fit and well as you can,
and don't worry about the things you can't influence.

All the best for the coming week, and let us know how it goes
when you can.

Best wishes,

David, Trisha & Family.

Old June 9th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 17:17:36 +0200, "Mette"
wrote:

skrev i en meddelelse
[...]

I am quite sad at the moment. :^(
Old June 9th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 18:08:33 +0100, "David French"
wrote:

[...]

Young whippersnapper! I beat you out by about 3 months. Give me a
few more days and I may reach the 52 mark.

This is from someone who wasn't to see the Millennium. Sadly enough,
from my own doing...

If you have the attitude to survive then the battle is more than half
won. The body is a remarkable thing, and can do things that the
doctors have never explained, so keep as fit and well as you can,
and don't worry about the things you can't influence.

Ditto...
Old June 9th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Hi Mette,

I was surprised to see that you answered.
I cannot add anything to David's comments except that I agree with
them.
Bless you Mette and I hope all goes well.

Jerry B
Old June 10th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:44:10 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

found these unused words:

Young whippersnapper! I beat you out by about 3 months. Give me a
few more days and I may reach the 52 mark.

This is from someone who wasn't to see the Millennium. Sadly enough,
from my own doing...

If you have the attitude to survive then the battle is more than half
won. The body is a remarkable thing, and can do things that the
doctors have never explained, so keep as fit and well as you can,
and don't worry about the things you can't influence.

We can but wish Mette all our best.

This from one who is now in his 15th year of the 4-6 'given' him ... and
nearing 68 ! That's 16 more on you, for those doing the 'new math'.

That's good for being an older gent. :^)
Old June 10th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:32:32 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

found these unused words:

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:44:10 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

found these unused words:

Young whippersnapper! I beat you out by about 3 months. Give me a
few more days and I may reach the 52 mark.

This is from someone who wasn't to see the Millennium. Sadly enough,
from my own doing...

If you have the attitude to survive then the battle is more than half
won. The body is a remarkable thing, and can do things that the
doctors have never explained, so keep as fit and well as you can,
and don't worry about the things you can't influence.

We can but wish Mette all our best.

This from one who is now in his 15th year of the 4-6 'given' him ... and
nearing 68 ! That's 16 more on you, for those doing the 'new math'.

That's good for being an older gent. :^)

Watch that 'gent' stuff! LOL

Awight, put 'em up, put 'em up... ain't afraid of no chickenhawk...