About Omas

Old May 28th 13, 11:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

Default About Omas

On Tuesday, December 31, 2002 4:00:01 AM UTC+5:30, Matteo Slanina wrote:
Hello folks,

I was in Trieste, Italy, this past weekend, and (guess what) I
stumbled into this great pen shop where I just couldn't resist buying
a pen that had been lying in their stock, new, for 12 years. So, first
question: I paid 250 Euros (about $260) for an Omas Italia '90. I
thought it was a pretty good deal, but would like to hear from some
who know better. Was it?

I had a chat with the very nice and knowledgeable lady at the counter,
who told me among other things that Omas was recently (might have been
1-2 years ago) bought by some other company, and that they have moved
their nibs production to France. Does somebody know the whole story?
Has somebody seen the new French nibs? ("I don't understand. Nibs were
the only thing they knew how to make...," were her words. To say the
truth, she was quite angry with some of Omas's new policies towards
dealers, so maybe "the only thing" was a bit of an overstatement.)

By the way, if you are around, the place is "La Stilotecnica", Via
Carducci 29, Trieste. Apparently the shop has been around for some 50
years now, and they still have many even older pens in their stock. (I
surely won't be able to buy them all, although I'd like to, so no
point keeping it secret.)

Happy New Year to all,

Matteo
(who loves his new pen and flexy nib better every day)

--
For my email address, remove .invalid and reverse the domain.

Thanks for share the post
http://goo.gl/UQRhX | http://goo.gl/dnsXJ | http://goo.gl/TyH9E

Omas Offering Paul G Pens & Pencils 0 November 24th 07 02:41 AM
Omas 557-S Jack Harrell Pens & Pencils 6 September 18th 04 11:16 PM
F.S.: Omas T-2 LE F.P. Barry Thall Pens & Pencils 0 December 21st 03 07:32 PM
Omas MOMA Juan Pens & Pencils 7 November 13th 03 11:51 PM
Omas Vespucci Red kcat Pens & Pencils 2 November 2nd 03 11:46 PM