Rowe CD100F Title rack interface

Old May 6th 08, 12:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
D_Zoot

Default Rowe CD100F Title rack interface

Howdy gang,

I have a CD100F with a 40856101 title rack interface. I'm trying to
identify resistors R15 and R16. Apparently I don't have book 2 for
this unit and earlier units didn't have these two resistors in the
interface.

Thanks for any assistance!
Paul

Old May 6th 08, 04:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
angel-care

On May 5, 7:36*pm, D_Zoot wrote:
Howdy gang,

I have a CD100F with a 40856101 title rack interface. * I'm trying to
identify resistors R15 and R16. * Apparently I don't have book 2 for
this unit and earlier units didn't have these two resistors in the
interface.

Thanks for any assistance!
Paul

Hi Paul,

Are you sure of the part# of the title rack interface? The CD100F has
rack interface # 40853001. Looked around and couldn't find the part#
you have.

If it's a 40853001, then R15 and R16 are Metal Film resistors, 15ohm,
1/2w, 5%.

Gene
Old May 6th 08, 05:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
D_Zoot

On May 5, 11:33*pm, angel-care wrote:
On May 5, 7:36*pm, D_Zoot wrote:

Howdy gang,

I have a CD100F with a 40856101 title rack interface. * I'm trying to
identify resistors R15 and R16. * Apparently I don't have book 2 for
this unit and earlier units didn't have these two resistors in the
interface.

Thanks for any assistance!
Paul

Hi Paul,

Are you sure of the part# of the title rack interface? *The CD100F has
rack interface # 40853001. *Looked around and couldn't find the part#
you have.

If it's a 40853001, then R15 and R16 are Metal Film resistors, 15ohm,
1/2w, 5%.

Gene

Gene,

Based on the sorts of problems I'm fixing on this box, it would not
surprise me to learn this box is kludged together from a couple of
different boxes. Actually, the title rack itself doesn't really fit
this unit quite right, I'm guessing it came from a G ? Title rack
interface probably came from the same place. I wonder if the specs on
those two resistors are specific to whatever title rack motors various
models got?

I'll try those resistors at 15ohm and cross my fingers !!

Thanks,
Paul
Old May 7th 08, 12:47 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On May 5, 7:36 pm, D_Zoot wrote:

[...]

I have interchanged these boards before without problems. If you
like I can pull a few of them apart and check the resistor values. Im
sure that on some models these resistors were shorted out with a wire
link.

Interesting comment on the title rack motors though. When you think
about it, models like the CD-51 Eagle, berklee and MM series would
have a lighter load due to only turning a single page rather than 2,
but Im sure the basic circuitry is the same.

Old May 7th 08, 05:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
angel-care

On May 5, 7:36 pm, D_Zoot wrote:

[...]

but Im sure the basic circuitry is the same.- Hide quoted text -

Hey Paul,

Can you post a pic of the title rack. Curious to see what you have
for your box, if it's the 1 for the F or another model.

Gene
Old May 8th 08, 01:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
D_Zoot

On May 5, 7:36 pm, D_Zoot wrote:

[...]

Gene- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the help guys. I've sorted out most of it by talking to
the source of this box. Seems that there had been some parts swapping
between this and a 100G - Starlight. This F had the G title rack
and interface in it. The racks appear the same between the two from a
mechanical standpoint, but the metal side panels and uppper and lower
plastic panels are different to accomodate the different shape of the
front of each machine. I got a hold of the correct title rack (it
fits much better!), but I've got to do some work on it as there are
some broken page pins and the mech is jammed.

The original interface for this F appears to MIA, but now that I have
the correct rack/motor, I assume fixing the existing interface with
the resistors listed for the F should keep me out of any future
trouble, so that's the plan.

Thanks again,
Paul