AMI R-82 problem

Old March 23rd 05, 05:26 AM
Tom

Default AMI R-82 problem

My juke has a slight problem.

When I hit the numbers on the keypad they do a double hit. As in...if I
hit, say the number 9, it actually records a 99. Trying to key in selection
134 will record a 113. But, if I hit it real fast it usually works right.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau

"The original point and click interface is a Smith and Wesson"
Old March 23rd 05, 01:16 PM
Juke Dude

Tom, you might have a hyper sensitive keyboard due to fact that it needs a
good cleaning and adjustment. These keys are spring loaded making it
possible for the contacts coming into contact with each other before the end
of 'normal' travel, normal travel being the key sticks all the way out at
you when at rest, then needing to be pushed firmly to make a selelction. Try
first cleaning then replacing or stretching these springs a little. Time
consuming but worth the effort.
Cheers, Steve

Old March 23rd 05, 07:28 PM
Tom

As Juke Dude so eloquently stated:

Tom, you might have a hyper sensitive keyboard due to fact that it needs
a good cleaning and adjustment. These keys are spring loaded making it
possible for the contacts coming into contact with each other before the
end of 'normal' travel, normal travel being the key sticks all the way
out at you when at rest, then needing to be pushed firmly to make a
selelction. Try first cleaning then replacing or stretching these
springs a little. Time consuming but worth the effort.
Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve. I was hoping it wasn't an electrical problem.

Old March 23rd 05, 09:13 PM
CHARLIE MAIER

We have the same problem with the Rock-olas of that era.. Do not use
any contact cleaner sprays on them, the plastic will swell up. Also be
careful in handling the switces, they are no longer available and we
end up parting out good keybanks.
Charlie Maier
AS for cheap pleasures, I'm gonna go find me a hooker in Camden NJ.

Old March 23rd 05, 11:16 PM
Tom

As CHARLIE MAIER so eloquently stated:

We have the same problem with the Rock-olas of that era.. Do not use
any contact cleaner sprays on them, the plastic will swell up. Also be
careful in handling the switces, they are no longer available and we
end up parting out good keybanks.
Charlie Maier
AS for cheap pleasures, I'm gonna go find me a hooker in Camden NJ.

Thanks for the hint about the cleaners. What would you use instead?

Camden has cheap hookers?

Thanks,

Old March 24th 05, 12:58 AM
Juke Dude

Charlie, hookers???? For shame The recommended cleaning solution for such
problems, ink eraser...yup ink eraser. If the contacts are readily
accessible, try it and let us know.
P.S. Charlie....really??? Glad my wife doesn't read this. She'd never have
me alone at this computer ever again!
Cheers, Steve