Seeburg C Mech Jammed After Moving

Old September 28th 07, 03:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Mark[_3_]

Default Seeburg C Mech Jammed After Moving

I recently purchased an older restored Seeburg C which was working
fine when I picked it up from the seller's house. After a fairly
smooth move I got it home and the mechanism is jammed and the motor
won't turn or scan. The motor will turn, maybe 1/8 of a revolution at
the most and stop. Can I back it up by turning it by hand without
damage if I don't force anything or is there anything else I can try?
Thanks..

Old September 28th 07, 05:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 07:08:47 -0700, Mark wrote:

I recently purchased an older restored Seeburg C which was working
fine when I picked it up from the seller's house. After a fairly
smooth move I got it home and the mechanism is jammed and the motor
won't turn or scan. The motor will turn, maybe 1/8 of a revolution at
the most and stop. Can I back it up by turning it by hand without
damage if I don't force anything or is there anything else I can try?
Thanks..

Pop open the rear access door and check that the mechanism has not
twisted on the black scan block. This often happens if the machine is
transported without having had the transport bolted down.

Fix is easy, simply push the spring metal sideways so the block again
fits inside the "U" clamp.

John :-#)#
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."