My first seeburg 100 C and boy, do I have questions.

Old July 25th 03, 06:38 AM
Bernie

Default My first seeburg 100 C and boy, do I have questions.

Having been a 78rpm Wurli man for many years, I finally got tired of
looking at all my 45rpms sitting around that didn't have a juke to be
played in. I thought that for a first 45rpm model there's nothing
better than a Seeburg 100C. So I got one. The cabinet was restored and
the mech was supposed to be restored too. I'm not to sure. Here's a
couple question that I have for you guys.

-When you play a single record, nothing waiting to be played, when the
record is done it won't reset it self into the record storage rack.
Does this have something to do with the cam relay on the carriage?
Otherwise it plays fine with multiple selections waiting. It's only
the last one that won't reset itself.

-The A side plays perfectly. But the B side tends to skip all the
records. After reading the manual about it. It appears to be the
tension is too high and wants to pull the stylus back to the
beginning. Am I correct? Is that adjustment have to do with the two
springs on either side of the tone arm?

-It seems that every selection that I played, played perfectly, except
for A1. It can only be two things, in the selector (corrosion) or the
solenoid. The pin doesn't move and doesn't start that motor. When I
flick it by hand. It starts and plays. Any thoughts? I haven't played
them all, I'm sure this isn't the only one that's gonna do that. With
that, I was reading about testing all 100 solenoids. What is the best
way to do that?

-My rejector button is missing from the back but the contacts are
still in the cabinet and still works. What was the original button and
is it something that can be made or bought? It looks as if it was very
primitive.

-Color changers. What do you do to make them quite? It squeals when it
turns and the motor is quite loud.

Any help or suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again

Bernie
Old July 25th 03, 07:39 AM
Don Lanway

Pinbank Seeburgs don't replace the last record played, they just stop as
soon as the record is unclamped. Later tormat systems do replace the last
record and scan to an at rest position...

The rest of your questions, I'll leave to better minds...

Don

"Bernie" wrote in message
om...
[...]

---

Old July 25th 03, 12:24 PM
Bernie

That's interesting. I've only seen two jukes with the select-o-matic.
Mine and a 100G I saw at a show. And when I saw the G work it did
replace the record back into the rack after the last selection. From
what the manual says, there should be enough momentum in the mech
after the motor stops to still drop the record back into place.

"Don Lanway" wrote in message news:vg4Ua.141623$H17.50401@sccrnsc02...
Pinbank Seeburgs don't replace the last record played, they just stop as
soon as the record is unclamped. Later tormat systems do replace the last
record and scan to an at rest position...

The rest of your questions, I'll leave to better minds...

Don

om...

Old July 25th 03, 04:07 PM
Philip Nasadowski

In article ,
(Bernie) wrote:

-When you play a single record, nothing waiting to be played, when the
record is done it won't reset it self into the record storage rack.
Does this have something to do with the cam relay on the carriage?
Otherwise it plays fine with multiple selections waiting. It's only
the last one that won't reset itself.

That's normal, actually. Probbably a holdover from the earlier 20 play
mechs which didn't replace the last record after the turntable dropped.

-The A side plays perfectly. But the B side tends to skip all the
records. After reading the manual about it. It appears to be the
tension is too high and wants to pull the stylus back to the
beginning. Am I correct? Is that adjustment have to do with the two
springs on either side of the tone arm?

If the needles are good, yeah, that might be it.

-It seems that every selection that I played, played perfectly, except
for A1. It can only be two things, in the selector (corrosion) or the
solenoid. The pin doesn't move and doesn't start that motor. When I
flick it by hand. It starts and plays. Any thoughts? I haven't played
them all, I'm sure this isn't the only one that's gonna do that. With
that, I was reading about testing all 100 solenoids. What is the best
way to do that?

Get the pinbank rebuilt. Have fun!

-My rejector button is missing from the back but the contacts are
still in the cabinet and still works. What was the original button and
is it something that can be made or bought? It looks as if it was very
primitive.

If it's like the 146/7/8, then it's just a little pin with an E clip to
keep it from popping out.

-Color changers. What do you do to make them quite? It squeals when it
turns and the motor is quite loud.

Lubricate that motor! Some had a little oil hole on top, and you can
put something in to free up the gunk (WD-40), then a good light machine
oil to keep it going.
--
To email me, chage 'usermale' to 'usermail'.
Old July 26th 03, 04:36 AM
Bernie

Well, I figured out some of my problems.

As long as I know that the record not rejecting at the end of play is
normal, that's fine with me. I just wanted to make sure nothing was
binding.

As far as the skipping on the B side...Get this, the brush was out of
alignment and it was preventing the tone arm from traveling in. Duh!
Just had to bend the damn thing in. Problem solved!

As far as the selecting, yes, the pin bank. Well, I'm working on that.
I bought the video on how to restore it. A little at a time. So far
I've only come across 5 selector pins that wouldn't move (not bad) and
they;re all in different areas, so all the group magnets work. For all
I know is that it's in the electric selector.

Still working on the rest. A little at a time.

Old July 28th 03, 04:22 AM
Ken G.

I have worked on several Select-o-matics
And seen a couple others work . My G , a friends G i just restored and
his C all left the last record up in sight when done .