Which volume of Y&T is Russia?

Old September 20th 03, 02:59 AM
Dakota

Default Which volume of Y&T is Russia?

I'm visiting a lot of European sites in my attempt to fill some empty
spots in my Russian collection. Everybody there seems either to favor
Michel (a little)or much more commonly Y&T.

I see "Y&T 1287 non-dentele, 12.50 Euros." WOW!!!! HEY I might just
need that one - but which one is it? I send an e-mail off to the
seller ans ask him the issue date - if I had that then I could cross
reference it to Scott. Alas, Y&T only gives the year of issue!!

I've asked some of these sellers which volume contains Russia and
they've all said Tome 4, 2eme - the 2nd part of Volume 4.

My 2001 Tome 3 1re partie indicates that Tome 4 is a single volume -
and tome III covers Heliogoland a Yugoslavie. Volume IV is Europe de
L'est but indicates it is only up to 1996. How far East????

I've visited Yvert.com and they don't indicate on their page which
volume it is that covers Russia.

Where is Russia? Anybody?

Weeping out of frustration, but still offering handshakes,

Dakota
Old September 20th 03, 09:50 AM
Victor Manta

"Dakota" wrote in message
om...
snip

Where is Russia? Anybody?

Weeping out of frustration, but still offering handshakes,

Dakota

I was born there (btw, on the 19th of September, which means like
yesterday), and I'm not frustrated either by the place or by the time that
passed :-)

A bit more on:

http://www.values.ch/Communism/Victor-Manta.htm

Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old September 20th 03, 11:24 AM
HFG

Hello Dakota,

I have the catalogue in question. For Russia, Y&T 1287
was issued in 1948, in the 30th anniversary of Komsomols set. Value 25k,
color red, and the picture show a female farmer.
I hope it helps

HFG

Old September 20th 03, 02:06 PM
Richard Babin

I'm visiting a lot of European sites in my attempt to fill some empty
spots in my Russian collection. Everybody there seems either to favor
Michel (a little)or much more commonly Y&T.

I see "Y&T 1287 non-dentele, 12.50 Euros." WOW!!!! HEY I might just
need that one - but which one is it? I send an e-mail off to the
seller ans ask him the issue date - if I had that then I could cross
reference it to Scott. Alas, Y&T only gives the year of issue!!

Cross-reference for Russia Y&T 1287 is Scott 1290.

Richard Babin
Canada[Quebec(Montreal)]
Old September 20th 03, 08:58 PM
Jan Doggen