Questions

Old March 4th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Questions

HI,
I am 16 yrs old and I want to buy my first gold coin. I am
interested in a PRF-69 1992 P American Eagle Bullion gold $5 coin
that
I found on Ebay. Does anyone know this seller?
The coin has a Buy It Now price of $126.00. The 2008 Official Black
Book Price Guide of United States Coins says it is worth $150.00. Is
this a great deal or a rip off?
I'd be really grateful for any information and advice. Thank You.

Sincerely,
Joshua
Old March 4th 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Krummel

" wrote in message
HI,
I am 16 yrs old and I want to buy my first gold coin. I am
interested in a PRF-69 1992 P American Eagle Bullion gold $5 coin
that
I found on Ebay. Does anyone know this seller?
The coin has a Buy It Now price of $126.00. The 2008 Official Black
Book Price Guide of United States Coins says it is worth $150.00. Is
this a great deal or a rip off?
I'd be really grateful for any information and advice. Thank You.

Sincerely,
Joshua

My monthly retail price guide shows a 1992 Proof $5 gold at $118, based on
$907/ ounce for a gold price. That is considerably less than the 2008 Black
Book and my monthly guide is probably more in line with actual market
transactions, not factoring the PF69 grade or the fact that gold id now
considerably higher. Whether in plastic holder or not, $126 (almost $99
worth of gold at today's prices) is neither a great deal or a rip off. If
you live in or close to a large community, a phone call might get you the
same thing, exchanging the eBay's shipping costs for mileage expense to
travel to the local coin shop. On the one hand, you have to leave the
computer to make a purchase. On the other hand, you might get to compare
several $5 gold coins and pick your favorite. Or, see some other gold coin
(world gold) that you like even better.

Bill

Old March 4th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
jeff

For information on coins, contact
The American Numismatic Association
http://www.money.org
the largest organization of coin collectors in the world.
About 40 years ago, Aaron Feldman coined the phrase
(and it is still valid today)
"Buy the book before the coin"
Good Luck with your future collecting.
jeff

Old March 4th 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

Wow didn't know they had whole other section for underage users? Is
there a reason for this?
Old March 4th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"sgt23" wrote in message
Wow didn't know they had whole other section for underage users? Is
there a reason for this?

The minimum age to join the Banknote Society of Scotland is 18 as having
members below this age causes all sorts of problem due to the child
protection laws in the UK. Billy

Old March 5th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

Besides sexual preditors, I'm still trying too figure out what we are
pretecting them from. You won't learn anything new here, that you
don't learn your first 5 mins in highschool. The sexual preditor thing
wouldn't be as big an issue, if more parents would get involved in
they're lives, and not try to push them away as fast as they can!
Old March 9th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dawn Probst

Because you can't legally enter into a contract under the age of 18. Same
reason he can't get a credit card.

Old March 10th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:19:15 -0500, "Dawn Probst"
wrote:

Because you can't legally enter into a contract under the age of 18. Same
reason he can't get a credit card.

Yes you can. The bit about being under 18 and contracts is that an
under-18 can void a contract that he or she has entered into. The
other party, if over 18, cannot void the contract because of the age
thing.

Let's say you lease (a contract) an apartment to a 17 year-old. Six
months later the 17 year-old can void the contract. However, six
months later if you find out you can get more for the apartment, you
can't void the contract because the lessee is under 18.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old March 10th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

I know in a few states once you hit 16 or 17 under some laws your not
covered as underage. I know the smoking law is the same in all states.
But I know the sex laws, marriage laws, and weather you can enter in
to a contract a certain age without a co-signer varies. Hell I think
even the age of weather you can get drivers licsens is different each
state. But think about this I know most of this stuff didn't even
exist 30 years ago.

3WA Questions Moondog Juke Boxes 1 August 1st 07 01:10 PM
2 questions! Joe Autographs 2 June 3rd 07 03:05 PM
What happens when...(and a few questions also duh!) Lorena R.L Autographs 12 February 5th 06 12:47 AM
Questions for everyone Sue H Autographs 14 December 20th 05 03:22 AM
NSM 240-I questions... ThomasTeeter Juke Boxes 0 October 11th 03 11:26 PM