Request for help with thesis

Old January 23rd 05, 12:04 AM

Default Request for help with thesis

Hi

I am a master student at the faculty of computer science, University
of Oslo. My master thesis deals with collection software. One
milestone is to determine user requirements for collection software.
More precisely, I need input from potential users of such software on
needs and demands they want such software to meet.

And for this I need help from the collectors on this forum. The views
of serious collectors, like you, would be important input when
designing this software.

This is what I want to know:
In a utopian software for collection management what information about
the collectible would you like to register? For example a description
of the object or its condition may be something you may like to
register in the database. What other properties would you like to see
in a computer program for managing your collection of autographs and
related objects.

Thank you in advance, any input is much appreciated.
Tuva Solstad
tuvas (at) ifi.uio.no

Old January 23rd 05, 03:10 AM
Robert de Ridder

Wow, getting a masters by building a simple database. Things weren't that
easy even in my first year of computer science...

schreef in bericht
oups.com...

Old January 23rd 05, 11:57 AM

With all due respect you know nothing about the details of the thesis,
the implementation of the basic database is merely a very small part
of the work, something to base some of the other work on. I do not
know if user centered design was a part of your education. For me it
is important, even in such a small part of the thesis work, to stay in
contact with potential users.

Tuva Solstad

Old January 25th 05, 06:08 AM
Brian Kaltenbach

tell us the truth....you got your degree out of a box of Cracker
Jacks....right?

wrote in message
ups.com...
With all due respect you know nothing about the details of the thesis,
the implementation of the basic database is merely a very small part
of the work, something to base some of the other work on. I do not
know if user centered design was a part of your education. For me it
is important, even in such a small part of the thesis work, to stay in
contact with potential users.

Tuva Solstad

World's First Private Civilian Manned Space Flight - address request casdon Autographs 0 June 24th 04 02:43 PM
Autograph Request??? cil Autographs 0 June 20th 04 03:53 PM
Proper request attitude for... Pyro/Rixliss/Chad Autographs 10 January 12th 04 04:32 PM
Strangest address request? Bcoton Autographs 10 December 11th 03 08:42 AM
Out of USA request, HELP?? Glenn \(SBfan2000\) Autographs 2 November 6th 03 11:01 PM