Wurlitzer OMT Vinyl - Blown Si4 Fuse, no sound or reject

Old January 2nd 20, 04:53 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Andy Flanigan

Default Wurlitzer OMT Vinyl - Blown Si4 Fuse, no sound or reject

Kids post-Christmas dance party cut short!

My workhorse Wurlitzer OMT vinyl made a loud buzz then quit playing mid-song. Reject button wouldn't work nor will manually triggering tone arm to center of record. Record spins, no sound, no reject. There was a smokey smell inside. It appears credit system is working properly. Upon closer inspection the 3a fuse was blown: Si4 which when replaced immediately cause same buzz and pop of fuse-- with some smoke coming from fuse. I believe this is for the 30 volt portion? Trying to find info online... thought maybe someone on here has some insight? Help!
Old January 2nd 20, 07:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2020/01/01 7:53 p.m., Andy Flanigan wrote:
Kids post-Christmas dance party cut short!

My workhorse Wurlitzer OMT vinyl made a loud buzz then quit playing mid-song. Reject button wouldn't work nor will manually triggering tone arm to center of record. Record spins, no sound, no reject. There was a smokey smell inside. It appears credit system is working properly. Upon closer inspection the 3a fuse was blown: Si4 which when replaced immediately cause same buzz and pop of fuse-- with some smoke coming from fuse. I believe this is for the 30 volt portion? Trying to find info online... thought maybe someone on here has some insight? Help!

You likely have an I-84 and thus the Si4 fuse is for the 30VDC. This can
be amplifier or mechanism related.

To figure out which with the machine turned off replace the fuse then
pull the MECHANISM plug from the left side of the I-84 Amplifier. Then
turn the power on. If the fuse blows then the problem is in the
amplifier (suspect capacitors first) and if the fuse does not blow then
the problem is likely in the mechanism. check the schematics and trace
the +30VDC line

I have some info on my Wurlitzer help page:

https://www.flippers.com/wurlitzr.html

Keep us posted here with what you find!

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com