Try to determine the value of a collection of 147 and 148 Seeburg Jukes

Old January 18th 04, 04:32 AM
Fred

Default Try to determine the value of a collection of 147 and 148 Seeburg Jukes

I came across four (4) Seeburg model 147 jukes and one (1) 148 juke
today. Three of the 147's were wood while one was metal. The 148 was
the blonde metal model. The 148 is perhaps the best example I've
seen. Most of the 148's I've looked at have problems with the finish.
This was nearly perfect and original. If you look at Dieter Ladwig's
Jukebox book, he has a 1948 Seeburg on page 25. The finish on this
148 is just as good. It has new plastics and is very clean. It has
what appears to be an extra amp to drive additional speakers and a
nearly new looking 20 selector remote with mounting bracket. It also
has the rear door. The chrome is good, but a perfectionist might be
tempted to re-chrome. The mirrors on the door need replacing. The
148 is completely unassembled.

The 147's are rough. They've been stored in sheds, outside on a
porch, behind a house, and in trailers. There's about five doors and
enough parts to complete three good 147s (1 metal and 2 wood). All
would need new plastics (side and dome). None of the 147s have rear
doors. There is also one 20 selector remote with the 147s. Some of
the doors have all the mirrors (two) and the others are missing all
the mirrors.

I've seen prices on the 147/148 range from $550 for a very rough but
complete example to $2,000+ for one that's working/restored. I'm not
sure what the parts (e.g. amp, record mechanism, etc.) are worth on
the 147/148, but they appear to be quite common and can't be worth
much - especially if they were stored in such poor conditions. I've
been told that the 148 prices depend on the condition of the finish
with near perfect examples selling near the high-end of $2,000.

How much is the whole lot worth? That's four (4) 147's and one (1)
148 along with the two remotes and lots of extra amps and mechanisms.
Old January 18th 04, 05:06 PM
Ken G.

It sounds like all 4 are in pieces and 90% of it is in bad shape & who
knows what parts are missing that will nickle & dime you to death .
I would not pay over 200$ for all of it . They should be glad you hauled
it off if thats how they are treating , storing them