coin world type holders

Old January 20th 04, 03:46 AM
JHLMSS

Default coin world type holders

i bought one of the coin world 19th century type set plaque/holder.

suspect made by capital.

do the coins ever really fit properly in these holders? any one have any hints
for best way to do this?

the 3rd coin i try and put in, the hole is well larger then the coin, no way
will it fit.

thoughts?
joe leblanc ana since 1977

Old January 20th 04, 11:34 PM
Steve

"JHLMSS" wrote in message
i bought one of the coin world 19th century type set plaque/holder.

suspect made by capital.

do the coins ever really fit properly in these holders? any one have any

hints
for best way to do this?

the 3rd coin i try and put in, the hole is well larger then the coin, no

way
will it fit.

thoughts?
joe leblanc ana since 1977

You can cut a small piece from a non-pvc flip to use as a shim between the
coin and holder. If the hole is too small, Capital Plastics sells a fitting
tool to remove some excess plastic, though an x-acto knife might do just as
well.

http://www.capitalcollectorsplastics.com/

Steve

Old January 21st 04, 02:23 AM
Sleestak

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:34:52 -0500, "Steve"
wrote:

You can cut a small piece from a non-pvc flip to use as a shim between the
coin and holder. If the hole is too small, Capital Plastics sells a fitting
tool to remove some excess plastic, though an x-acto knife might do just as
well.

http://www.capitalcollectorsplastics.com/

I've used stiff acetate or whatever the material is that they use for
slides in coin albums for shims. I bought a 25-pack of 8.5x11" sheets
of the stuff at Office Max to replace slides in my used coin albums
(and bring to the coin club to give away, I'll never use it all up
....) They sell it for those clear covers on your office reports.
It's "springy" when cut into a narrow strip and tucked into a coin
hole, so it stays put pretty well. I thought for sure a single strip
wouldn't be thick enough, the coin seemed so loose, but just one strip
did the trick.

How to select a coin holder -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 January 11th 04 08:03 PM
Getting the most from coin price guides -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 December 3rd 03 03:27 AM
Coin Toning Question ynotan Coins 3 October 6th 03 09:28 AM
FS: World Cup Soccer Items Jim Sinclair General 0 August 13th 03 08:34 AM
Coin grading/authentication services -- periodic post Linda Coins 6 August 8th 03 06:25 AM