A seller to avoid

Old July 4th 04, 08:51 PM
note.boy

Default A seller to avoid

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...londonbrighton

He bought 69 Scottish notes at the Spink auction of 27 April, he then
ironed the notes and sold them on ebay at false higher grades.

The note I bought from him on ebay was one that I viewed before the
Spink auction and it was a nice VF++, it had come in over the counter at
The Royal Bank, when it arrived from him it was a horrible "flat as a
pancake" ironed.

If he is this blatant with notes bought at a major auction it's safe to
assume that he irons many other notes. Billy
Old July 4th 04, 09:08 PM
note.boy

He replied to my negative in 17 minutes, I was surprised that he didn't
deny it, there again the fact that 4 notes were returned by another
buyer for being ironed would make denial difficult.

As I was writing this an email arrived from him.

"What a piece of trash you are !! You make libellous comments on e-bay
after i offered to replace the note with one to your liking , to which
you didn't even have the courtesy to reply, obviously pig-ignorant as
well as rude. You think you can damage me ....you CAN'T, i'm too
strong for trash like you to hurt.Please introduce yourself at the next
auction , i would love to continue this arguement when you haven't
got the anonimity of e-bay to HIDE behind . Coward !!!

What a pleasant character.

I'll ignore all of his email as that should really annoy him. Billy

Old July 5th 04, 07:42 AM
Padraic Brown

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 20:15:07 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

Should I forward this threatening email to ebay and if so where to?
Billy

Yes you probably should. I don't know off hand where it should be sent
to, though. Of course, it might be interesting to present those ironed
notes to Spinks along with the catalogue showing the lower grade next
time he tries to buy or sell something - they may not be amused how he
uses them to perpetrate a fraud!

Padraic.

"note.boy" wrote:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISA...londonbrighton

He bought 69 Scottish notes at the Spink auction of 27 April, he then
ironed the notes and sold them on ebay at false higher grades.

The note I bought from him on ebay was one that I viewed before the
Spink auction and it was a nice VF++, it had come in over the counter at
The Royal Bank, when it arrived from him it was a horrible "flat as a
pancake" ironed.

If he is this blatant with notes bought at a major auction it's safe to
assume that he irons many other notes. Billy

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old July 8th 04, 02:04 AM
Donald

If that is the same note same s/n then that was real disgraceful.. he sold a
VF++ as Unc. How did Spink offer it, grade ? in other words, who said it was
VF++
An if you knew that in advance, why did you bid if he offered it as UNC
I could say more about bad grading.. but it would probably take 10 pages to do
it.
Sorry for your misfortune.

http://www.bidville.com/browse/?index=7&uid=FBNeNotes
World PaperMoney Auctions
Thanks,
Donald ... IBNS & ANA Member
Old July 8th 04, 02:45 PM
note.boy

In the Spink auction the Royal 1969 £10's were described as "central
crease, crisp, extremely fine or better", I saw these notes and I would
have graded them as "VF++", they had a central crease but had seen
little circulation.

The one I bought off ebay was described as "UNC" but at the price I paid
I was happy with the grade as described in the Spink catalogue, i.e.
"VF++".

When the note arrived it had been ironed and of course as an ironed note
it was worth a lot less than what I paid for a note that I expected to
be "VF++".

I asked for a refund but was offered an EF note with a central crease,
i.e. he would put a central crease on an ironed note and send it too me,
I decided that it would be better to keep the note as evidence of his
wrong doing. Billy

Old July 8th 04, 04:53 PM
Fiona Always

(Donald) wrote in
If that is the same note same s/n then that was real disgraceful.. he sold a
VF++ as Unc. How did Spink offer it, grade ? in other words, who said it was
VF++
An if you knew that in advance, why did you bid if he offered it as UNC
I could say more about bad grading.. but it would probably take 10 pages to do
it.

Why is what this guy is doing so bad? After all no one seems too
outraged that CGA has taken VF++ notes and encapsulates them as Gem CU
65.

I heard that when Ray Charles died CGA lost thier head grader. But
perhaps Stevie Wonder is available....
Old July 9th 04, 11:25 AM
Donald

I have only seen Notes with consistent correct Grades from about 8 Sellers !!
in the last 30 Years.
Naturally I have seen from only 150 sellers or so.. but the sampling from these
professional and country direct sellers would represent the field I am sure.
Besides not accurate grading.. most need to learn how to pack notes for
mailing.
Conclusion, under 40% know how to grade banknotes and pack for mailing.
No standards can match my Grading.. which is for the real World and not just
taken from a book etc.

Again... Billy I fully understand what you did. That sure seems like a bad
seller as long as everything you stated is correct.
World PaperMoney Auctions
Thanks,
Donald ... IBNS & ANA Member
Old July 15th 04, 01:27 AM
anaana

I have also had a bad experience with this seller. And I noticed his
blatant "upgrade" of all the Scottish notes from Spink. A real shame,
to be sure, but I take comfort from one thing, which is that his ebay
auctions are going for very low prices, even when the note looks
original. Which means that most ebay buyers are discerning enough to
know a bad apple when they see one. Unfortunately, there will always
be a few naive buyers who will fall for it, but hopefully not too
many. My only hope would be that buyers who encounter this clear-cut
bad sellers don't shy from leaving negative feedback. As has been said
before, too many horrendous graders have 99% positive feedback
records. Luckily, this particular seller is starting to pile the negs
up.

anaana