Post Office RTS - What does this mean?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 13th 05, 04:07 AM
Corey

Default Post Office RTS - What does this mean?

Well, I got my first RTS today! Anyway, this is probably a common thing,
but I never received one so I'm not sure what to make of it. The sticker on
the envelope says:

Forward Time Exp, Rtn to Send

....and the next 3 lines are what appears to be another address for the same
person, in the same town. Now, is this address the address that the person
registered when they moved, or is the PO just giving me the address of
someone with the same last name in the same city which MIGHT be the person
I'm trying to reach?

Secondly, what does "Forward Time Expired" mean? I'm under the impression
that the person wanted to have their mail forwarded to the address given to
me on the label, but the PO can only do it for a certain amount of time, and
now that time has passed.

And thirdly, is that's the case... the new address is in the same small
town, and most likely located within the same post office. So, why didn't
they just send the letter to the new address. It would only be a matter of
placing it in another delivery carrier. Instead, it was sent across the
country, back to me.

It sounds like I'm making a big deal out of this, but I'm really not. I'm
just curious, that's all, and would like to know for sure what the label is
telling me before I go posting results. Any clarification is appreciated.

Corey

How Dare Could America Industrial Property Office Be In Conspiracy With Jungang International Patent Office To Make An Extravagant International Crime ? [email protected] Coins 1 May 23rd 05 04:47 AM
Need Cash For Your Hobby sirray Football (US) 0 January 17th 05 09:05 PM
Curiosity Corner #134: The ten minute Post Office. Rodney General Discussion 2 December 15th 04 07:26 AM
FS - A Bunch o' Stuff Dogger Hockey 0 November 20th 03 11:48 PM
FS - Post Cereal items - Hky & Baseball The Dogger Hockey 0 November 11th 03 11:50 PM