Scott Air Post & Nicklin Airmail albums

Old February 22nd 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
tim

Default Scott Air Post & Nicklin Airmail albums

Hello. Scott doesn't print these albums anymore and I think it is a
shame. Does anyone know when Scott stopped printing them? And as for
the Nicklin/Grosset airmail album, I have a 1934 edition that is red
bound album. Did they print any more? And does anyone know any stamp
album publishing company that prints a worldwide airmail album?
Thanks! Tim
Old February 22nd 10, 05:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_5_]

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:14:42 -0800, tim wrote:

And does anyone know any stamp album
publishing company that prints a worldwide airmail album? Thanks! Tim

Palo (I have no ties) publishes albums for most countries, including full
Classic Era coverage, and will sell you any specific pages you need, such
as only airmail pages. http://www.paloalbums.com

Also, Bill Steiner's print-yourself pages (again, no ties) have full
world coverage. http://www.stampalbums.com.

The latter are provided as PDF files. I wrote a script (a piece of
software) that takes a word of your choice and copies the matching pages
of the album files to a directory of your choosing. So you could look
for "AIRMAIL" and you'd get only the airmail pages. Then you could
concatenate them into a single file which you could then have printed and
punched at Kinko's (or whatever). (I think the capitals -- "AIRMAIL" --
are only used in the page headings, but I haven't checked to be sure.
Steiner sorts the airmail stamps on their own pages, so matching only
page headers would be good, as it would avoid matches such as "50th
Anniversary of Airmail" on a "regular mail" stamp.

Contact me offlist for more, or if enough other people want the
instructions, I can post them here for everyone.

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old February 26th 10, 03:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

I bought a CD with Steiners PDF files on it. I'd recommend it to
anyone. Any ink jet printer will do, just get some nice card stock
for your pages and a 3 hole punch and you are set. If you have Adobe
Acrobat Pro you can certainly modify the pages to suit (with Scott #'s
if you like). A huge tome of work. Highly recommended.
Wolf-==-