Desk pen

Old May 4th 04, 04:26 PM
Jeffrey Davis

Default Desk pen

I've recently changed jobs and now spend more time at a desk. Does
anyone have a recommendation for a desk fountain pen? I Have an old
snorkel that I love but it is too slim for me to use for more than just
signatures.

TIA,

Jeff

Old May 4th 04, 05:07 PM
Bluesea

"Jeffrey Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've recently changed jobs and now spend more time at a desk. Does
anyone have a recommendation for a desk fountain pen? I Have an old
snorkel that I love but it is too slim for me to use for more than just
signatures.

TIA,

Jeff

I suggest that you read the thread that started on 4/27/04 about pens used
for writing. The subject is "REAL Writer's Pen" and the OP is morten.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 4th 04, 06:00 PM
Jeffrey Davis

Thanks,

I guess I should have specified that I meant a pen that sits in a holder
on a desk.

Jeff

Old May 5th 04, 12:56 AM
Jeff Miars

I actually use two Esterbrooks in a holder - one for black, the other
for blue. Get the best nibs you can - generally, the higher the number,
the better.

Old May 8th 04, 12:58 PM
Carbuff

I have several desk pens including a Sheaffer Snorkel. If you find the
Sheaffer snorkel to be too thin then I would suggest that you try to find a
Parker 51 or 21 desk pen, they are slightly thicker in the barrel but not by
very much.
Alternatively you could always use a pen with a cap as a desk pen. I think
Pelikan makes a desk pen stand where you can set your pen in the stand
without the cap of course. Look on e-bay under desk set category in
writing instruments and you can find all sorts of desk pens. The advice
provided by others is also good.