Power Seller....Counterfeits of Course

Old September 30th 04, 02:37 AM
Phil DeMayo

Default Power Seller....Counterfeits of Course

Seller ID "atochajewelry" currently has over 800 auctions running with the
majority of the coins certified. However, just about every BU raw gold coin
being sold is an admitted counterfeit. They also have a few auctions for Trade
Dollars "struck in Orient"

I reported the 16 auctions listed below and wrote the seller informing him what
he was doing not only violated eBay rules, but Federal Law as well. I also
warned him I would check back in a couple of days and if the auctions were
still running my next step would be to contact the Secret Service.

I still find it hard to understand why eBay can't do a simple daily search of
titles and descriptions for the word "counterfeit" to catch the obvious. While
they wouldn't have caught the aucions for the Trade Dollars,they would have
caught the fake gold.

Here are the ones I found (may have missed a few):

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old September 30th 04, 03:53 AM
.

I did the same last week and eBay did nothing.

Interesting article in CoinWorld this week that basically says that eBay is
more lenient with PowerSellers and questions if the new ANA watch group on
eBay is really effective.

Old September 30th 04, 01:57 PM
Scottishmoney

The fact that the ANA and ebaY have done absolutely nothing to pull the
auction is proof positive that money talks Cripes I nearly had an auction
pulled recently for having a paypal logo on it, but not accepting credit
cards, but some "powerseller" can rip off people for thousands of dollars,
and the ANA and ebaY blow it off. Go figure.

Dave

--
emails to (myuserid).at.lycos.com

Tir nam Beann, nan Gleann, s'nan Gaisgeach - Saor Alba A-Nis!
"Barry" wrote in message
That was a quote from me!
Barry

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:53:30 GMT, "." wrote:

[...]

Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies

---

Old September 30th 04, 07:40 PM
note.boy

Dave will remember that I had about 4 auctions for 1960's model cars
cancelled because I had in my listing the information that if paying by
a non UK cheques extra would have to be added to cover UK bank charges
for processing a foreign cheque.

Now in my listings I have a note saying that anyone that will pay by non
UK cheque should email before bidding so that I can then tell them about
the extra that will have to be added. Billy

Old October 1st 04, 06:47 AM
Jan

I have had dealings with Buddy.
I bought a 1931 s ms 64 red from him....
he took my money and lost the coin. I suspected he sold the coin for a
better price and played dumb.
When I questioned him on it his reply was " I sell a million dollars worth
of coins a year why would I do that?"
He did promptly refund my money so I can't say anything too bad. I just
thought it was strange that I didn't have to sign any USPS insurance form so
he could get his money back.We're not talking a few bucks here.
I am very suspicious of him from that day on.
oh well
Jan