(RCSD) Formation of new Penguins on Stamps Study Unit

Old September 12th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee

Default (RCSD) Formation of new Penguins on Stamps Study Unit

Hello everyone,

Sorry to intrude, but I wanted to announce the formation of a new
Penguins on Stamps Study Unit. We are in the formative stages, but
have a website with a bulletin board set up at http://www.penguinstamps.org.
We have six or seven American Topical Association members (in addition
to non-ATA members) signed up, and when we reach 10 ATA members we
will be filing to be an official study unit.

If anyone interested wants to contact me off-list, I'll send an intro
letter and membership application to you.

Thanks, and sorry for the intrusion.

- Joshua McGee
http://www.penguinstamps.org

Old September 12th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:33:08 -0700, Joshua McGee
wrote:

Joshua -

This was / is not an intrusion. If you were selling something, maybe.
--- :^)

Any news on extended services to the hobby, like this, are more than
welcome...

Old September 12th 07, 08:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

On Sep 12, 10:33 am, Joshua McGee wrote:

For consideration in your search:
use as you see fit.

The obtuse to the bizarre.

There are 12 labels/commemorative vignettes
that include Penguins, that would be included
if taken with an Australian bent.
Some are listed in the "Local Stamps of Australia"
1982 Bill Hornadge
Review Publications.
Especially attractive are the labels of the 1954
Antarctic Expedition.
A lot of labels were produced to address the
public flights from Australia over the Antarctic.

Local entrepreneur Dick Smith produced
some for his helicopter flights
overprinted "Admiralty mtns"

For the desert penguin, labels from
Hutt River and Ras Al Khaima feature penguins.

For your Royal Scottish Penguin, Eynhallow follows suit.

If you want any scans, just holler.
Rodney.

Old September 12th 07, 10:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default (RCSD) Formation of new Penguins on Stamps Study Unit - [SNA]

"Joshua McGee" wrote in message
ups.com...
Sorry to intrude, but I wanted to announce the formation of a new
Penguins on Stamps Study Unit. We are in the formative stages, but
have a website with a bulletin board set up at
http://www.penguinstamps.org.
We have six or seven American Topical Association members (in addition
to non-ATA members) signed up, and when we reach 10 ATA members we
will be filing to be an official study unit.

Hi Joshua,

Just FYI, here you can find some penguin related labels (Euro-Penguins,
joint issues TAAF with SNA), that were actually issued in infinitesimally
low quantities:

http://www.sna-on.postalstamps.biz/c...o-penguins.htm

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old September 16th 07, 07:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

On Sep 12, 10:33 am, Joshua McGee wrote:
- Joshua McGeehttp://www.penguinstamps.org

In case, one day you spot a Penguin postmark
on an Antigua issue.

FAKE CANCELS: At Singapore '95 one dealer used
fake handstamps to cancel legitimate stamps that he
was selling. The cancels are from Zair (Zaire),
Cayman Island (Cayman Islands),
Antigua (Antigua & Barbuda-with a penguin for a Caribbean island!)
and Ruwanda (Rwanda).

Acknowledgement:
"Ask Phil"
(I think under the Arthur Salm Foundation page)

HTH