Restored / repaired notes

Old April 28th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
noteworthy

Default Restored / repaired notes

I notice that there are a number of "restored" or "repaired" notes
being sold on ebay.

Some of the notes are listed as restored but how effective are the
techniques used & how will the note last with new chemicals being
introduced?

(The old unrestored note)

(The restored note)
http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-19XX-1...QQcmdZViewItem

I notice that the restoring process appears to have removed the
remainder of the signatures that was visible on the unrestored note.
(Visible on the high resolution scan I got from a previous owner of
the note) I notice it is now listed as an rare unsigned remainder.

Old April 28th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

"noteworthy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I notice that there are a number of "restored" or "repaired" notes
being sold on ebay.

Some of the notes are listed as restored but how effective are the
techniques used & how will the note last with new chemicals being
introduced?

(The old unrestored note)

(The restored note)
http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-19XX-1...QQcmdZViewItem

I notice that the restoring process appears to have removed the
remainder of the signatures that was visible on the unrestored note.
(Visible on the high resolution scan I got from a previous owner of
the note) I notice it is now listed as an rare unsigned remainder.

I've been aware of the seller of the doctored note for a long time and I
came to the conclusion that his notes are usually overgraded and often not
in original condition.

I not surprised at the mark up he is looking for either.

I would never buy a note from him. Billy

Old April 29th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Padraic Brown

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:55:49 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

"noteworthy" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Any comments on the method used to "seal and heal" that rip? The
"repair" looks worse than the tape job.

Padraic

Old April 29th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Sibirskmoneta

"Padraic Brown" wrote in message
Any comments on the method used to "seal and heal" that rip? The
"repair" looks worse than the tape job.

Padraic

I agree, the seller bought the note(obviously look at the purchase and the
userid) then he got it and destroyed it with his "restoration" .