French Oceania HELP!!

Old April 7th 07, 02:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
diane aka whatever ©

Default French Oceania HELP!!

PLEASE HELP .. I need to end a listing of mine. Maybe need to contact
someone with knowledge of foreign notes before listing these .. I think I
already got bamboozled out of one of them ..

Normally I sell and collect tokens. Arcade, transit etc .. This is NOT the
kind of stuff I would list but it was part of a collection I bought.
thought it was junk and then someone wrote to tell me they were valuable.

I would really appreciate your input or maybe someone could tell me who I
should talk to about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-WWII-WAR-NOTE...QQcmdZViewItem

Old April 7th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

You can't end an auction early just because you suddenly discover that what
your selling is more valuable than you originally thought. That's a bonus
for you. Expect to reap a nice windfall when the auction closes and snipers
bid up the price in the last seconds.

And just because the catalog says a note is worth a particular price is no
guarantee that it is worth anywhere near that price. It's true market value
could be much more or much less.

Good luck with your auction.

On 4/7/07 6:23 AM, in article ,
"diane aka whatever ©" wrote:

PLEASE HELP .. I need to end a listing of mine. Maybe need to contact
someone with knowledge of foreign notes before listing these .. I think I
already got bamboozled out of one of them ..

Normally I sell and collect tokens. Arcade, transit etc .. This is NOT the
kind of stuff I would list but it was part of a collection I bought.
thought it was junk and then someone wrote to tell me they were valuable.

I would really appreciate your input or maybe someone could tell me who I
should talk to about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-WWII-WAR-NOTE...ONSECUTIVE_W0Q
QitemZ150109748507QQihZ005QQcategoryZ3433QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old April 7th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
diane aka whatever ©

"Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote in message
You can't end an auction early just because you suddenly discover that
what
your selling is more valuable than you originally thought. That's a bonus
for you. Expect to reap a nice windfall when the auction closes and
snipers
bid up the price in the last seconds.

And just because the catalog says a note is worth a particular price is no
guarantee that it is worth anywhere near that price. It's true market
value
could be much more or much less.

Good luck with your auction.

I totally appreciate your input. You are right about the snipers and to
tell the truth, had I not heard this auction was worth what the person said
it was, I would be JUMPING UP AND DOWN for $500 .. TOTAL. I wish I didn't
have that horrible built in thing called "greed." I remember having a dream
about finding money and in my dream frantically looking around for MORE..
Same in real life when you find a $10 bill in a pocket of a coat you wore
last winter .. then put your hand in the other hoping to find MORE ..

Diane

Old April 7th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

I think you're going to be very pleased with what you get for what you
originally thought was junk scraps of paper.

I once sold some silver/jade jewelry that I had bought at a garage sale for
a few bucks. I was very happy to get the $50 the bracelets were going for an
hour before the auction closed, and thrilled when at the last minute they
got bid up to over $300 by snipers. Turns out they were recognized as the
work of a noted Native American silversmith and were probably worth many
times what the winner paid. Still, I was happy with my return on investment,
and happy too that someone who appreciated them more than I was the new
owner.

Good luck!

Old April 7th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

By the time prospective bidders have read all that nonsense in your listing
any notion of bidding will have faded to zero. Billy

Old April 8th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
jeWINK.WINK

"note.boy" wrote in message
By the time prospective bidders have read all that nonsense in your
listing any notion of bidding will have faded to zero. Billy

"diane aka whatever ©" wrote in message
PLEASE HELP .. I need to end a listing of mine. Maybe need to contact
someone with knowledge of foreign notes before listing these .. I think I
already got bamboozled out of one of them ..

Normally I sell and collect tokens. Arcade, transit etc .. This is NOT
the kind of stuff I would list but it was part of a collection I bought.
thought it was junk and then someone wrote to tell me they were valuable.

I would really appreciate your input or maybe someone could tell me who I
should talk to about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-WWII-WAR-NOTE...QQcmdZViewItem

Where's your manners?

Old April 8th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

$2,076 with 3 minutes to go. Billy

"Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote in message
Billy obviously has some strong opinions, but in this case, he's wrong.
There have been 24 bids so far with an hour to go, and the current bid is
over $2,000. A nice windfall for the token seller who thought she had some
junk notes.

On 4/7/07 7:51 PM, in article
,

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-WWII-WAR-NOTE...-CONSECUTIVE_W

Old April 8th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
note.boy

Ended at $4,749, that should stop the seller from whining, I hope.

Two snipers shot it up, I hope the winner pays as they may not have expected
to have to pay so much.

It will be interesting to watch for the feedback.

The winner has 100% bidding activity with the seller in the last 30 days.
Billy