400 tapes-(7) 8track decks-alignment tapes-new motors-replacement pads-Ebay

Old August 18th 05, 11:53 PM
66FOURDOOR

Default 400 tapes-(7) 8track decks-alignment tapes-new motors-replacement pads-Ebay

FA/FS:

lot of (400) 8-track tape cartridges

(6)tested and playing 8-track tape decks including Bell & Howell- Radio
Shack- Columbia- Olympic- (5) are equipped with large AC motors

replacement 8-track deck DC motors for car or home decks- $10 each

8-track alignment tapes- $10 each

replacement 8-track cartridge pads- $10 per 100

MacDonald AM/FM/phono/8track all in one stereo unit- serviced

see these auctions !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old August 19th 05, 12:03 AM
yodedude2

I think it fair to say that the alignment tape is a copy and that the
winning bidder will not receive the item pictured in the auction.
later, ron

Old August 19th 05, 01:19 AM
66FOURDOOR

You are correct- the one in the picture is the first run that had a
black and white label- the current lot of tapes has a red/white/blue
label, but is otherwise identical- same print layout on the label, and
same instruction sheet.

I only take a picture of one tape, and use that same picture to relist
it each time- being all the tapes are identical. No need for a new
picture each time.

Example- Do you get the exact same car you see in the TV commercial ?
No- you get a copy exactly like that car in performance. It may even
have a different color interior and transmission. And who knows or
cares where that exact car went from the TV commercial.

bottom line- the tapes are received quite well- see below recent
feedbacks.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...me=STRK:ME:UFS

very fast A++++++++++++
Buyer similacrem ( 96) Aug-11-05 08:00 5795975725
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE-$$$

Item as described. Professional transaction. Fast shipping.
Buyer f1reverb ( 286) Aug-05-05 01:57 5778493425
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE Aug-05-05 03:54

Wow, what a great item. Used it already, and identified the problem.
Thanks 66!
Buyer nivekb12 ( 76) Aug-04-05 15:24 5793571937
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE Aug-04-05 18:56

As described . Thank you. A++++++++++
Buyer allstats ( 361) Aug-03-05 09:02 5791365108
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE-$$$ Aug-03-05 14:41

Great eBay seller, fast transaction. Excellent A+
Buyer mctoshdi ( 19) Jul-13-05 17:08 5787623433
Reply by 66fourdoor: AUDIOTEX 8-TRACK TAPE PLAYER ALIGNMENT
TAPE-VINTAGE-$$$ Jul-15-05 14:11

Old August 19th 05, 04:43 AM
yodedude2

Thank you for the confirmation--your honesty on that point is
refreshing and a positive step forward in the right direction. A quick
addition/revision to your eBay description is in order. You could put
something like, "The picture in this listing shows a previously sold
dubbed copy. The winner will receive a dubbed copy of like kind and
quality." Honesty is easy.

I notice you say that your dubbed copies are 'otherwise identical'--are
you using the same type blank cart for each of your copies? What brand
is it? Do they all have your homemade pads? Are they all being
dubbed using the same two decks? What two decks do you use? I've
gotten some very good dubs, for personal use of course, from my Akais.

Your 'example' is interesting, but as discussed before, fails on a
couple of points; one of those being that you are using an example of
original products from the original manufacturer (and not from a
retailer--see the second point). Your copies are not originals from
the original manufacturer, so your 'example' analogy fails on that
point. Your example might work if you labeled your dubbed copies
"Charlie's homemade copied alignment tapes" or something like that.
Roll your own, baby! (Pun intended.)
Furthermore, your analogy fails on another point--most car ads (from a
manufacturer) are for a model, not a particular unit. If, however, a
retailer offers a particular unit, they are required by law to post a
stock number or some other means of identifying a particular unit for
sale. For example, an ad in the paper or on tv for a particular car
will show some sort of particular identification, i.e. "stock # 4765A"
or something similar. A retailer could also put "17 available at this
price" if multiple individual units are available. I'm pretty sure
this can be done in Dutch auctions on eBay as well.

But we've been through all of this before.

Bottom line--you think it's okay to be dishonest and misleading, i.e.
your alignment tape auction, posting USPS fraud instructions, selling
copies to the public as originals, etc. I don't. We just disagree.
later, ron

btw, nice feedback. What the buyer doesn't know won't hurt them,
right? g

Old August 19th 05, 02:52 PM
66FOURDOOR

I answer those questions exactly the same when someone emails via ebay.
So far only one person even cared.

Would you prefer that alignment tapes for 8-tracks are nonexistant ?
Or that a super-rare one costs $152 because it's such a hard to find
version ? (a few went at that price recently from another seller on
Ebay) What does that do for the average 8-tracker on a limited budget
? It means the average guy doesn't get an alignment tape.

So he listens to his deck double tracking and sounding like ****, then
says f-k 8-tracks, and tosses his player and tapes in the trash.

I'd wager a $10 tape that works is a better bargain- esp. since it has
new pads, new splice, lubed, instruction sheet, and free shipping- and
will perform reliably.

did you ever see the connecting rods inside the engine of the car your
driving ? most people don't unless you're a mechanic rebuilding the
engine- often they are just rough ground with a grinder to finish them,
right from the factory- but who looks inside the oil pan ? does it
matter ?

Old August 19th 05, 07:17 PM
bicycle

66FOURDOOR wrote:
I answer those questions exactly the same when someone emails via ebay.
So far only one person even cared.

Would you prefer that alignment tapes for 8-tracks are nonexistant ?
Or that a super-rare one costs $152 because it's such a hard to find
version ? (a few went at that price recently from another seller on
Ebay) What does that do for the average 8-tracker on a limited budget
? It means the average guy doesn't get an alignment tape.

So he listens to his deck double tracking and sounding like ****, then
says f-k 8-tracks, and tosses his player and tapes in the trash.

I'd wager a $10 tape that works is a better bargain- esp. since it has
new pads, new splice, lubed, instruction sheet, and free shipping- and
will perform reliably.

Not choosing sides or getting into a ****ing contest, but these have
been sold for a lot more than $10 and those are BIN prices.

$30.01, $28.00, $32.59, $21.00 are all BIN prices. I don't understand
why the BIN prices are so different either.

Old August 19th 05, 11:58 PM
yodedude2

Hello, Earth to Charlie. I didn't ask you to pull your auctions, but
to REVISE them. Make them honest. You're bending over backwards to
rationalize dishonesty. Making your auction listing honest would take
about two minutes.

Old August 20th 05, 02:38 AM
66fourdoor

Ron- I'm not going to pull or change any auction that is working, based
on someone's opinion whom I've never met and isn't man enough to
actually contact me by phone. Usenet/Google Groups has no hammer in
the real world. Posts and 10 cents couldn't buy a coffee. The tapes
sell, the customers ask their questions via ebay contact link before
buying- and they are leaving good feedback. If it ain't broke, I'm not
fixing it.

Old August 20th 05, 02:40 AM
66fourdoor

tapes are listed at $10 opening bid, no reserve, new splice, new pads,
lubed reel and pinchroller, and come with a money back guarantee

they all receive good feedback

what do you want ?

Old August 20th 05, 03:02 AM
66fourdoor

ps- what you deem as an "honest" requirement, does not make it
universal Ebay 8-tracking law required of all Ebay 8-track sellers.
Perhaps your standards are too strict or unrealistic for the real world
?

example- do you go EXACTLY 55 mph in a 55 zone, or have you driven 56
mph sometimes ?

or 60 ?

When I'm going down the highway in a 65 mph zone, I set my cruise
control at 70 mph, as the police will allow you 5 mph over- it's a
state law- they can't write a ticket for 5mph or less over at that
speed

but cars are whizzing past me at 75-80 mph all day anyway. They are
breaking the law

so they drive like hell- and they get there...