Paper Money

Old April 8th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Alan Marshall

Default Paper Money

No matter what this auction closes at, the Seller will think they were
ripped off
be it $1700 or $17000 (what this unique consec run is probably worth)

For the Price of a Catalogue, or the time to visit the libary, someone
looses out.

Unlucky

Alan Marshall

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 09:20:01 -0400, "diane aka whatever ©"
wrote:

PLEASE HELP .. I know this is a coin group but I think I need to end a
listing of mine. Maybe need to contact someone with knowledge of foreign
notes before listing these .. I think I already got bamboozled out of one
of
them ..

Normally I sell tokens. Arcade, transit etc .. This is NOT the kind of
stuff I would list but it was part of a collection I bought. thought it
was
junk and then someone wrote to tell me they were valuable.

I would really appreciate your input or maybe someone could tell me who I
should talk to about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-WWII-WAR-NOTE...QQcmdZViewItem

I love it! You can't cancel the auction (according to the eBay TOS)
because there are bids and there is less than 24 hours left.
Ethically, you are bound to accept what you get.

I sincerely hope that the items are worth far more than you get for
them, and that someone tells you what you lost. Anyone who puts out
an ad with all those forbidding warnings, and concludes "Your bid is a
contract to purchase" should damn well understand that your ad is the
other half of the contract. You've made an offer, and when the
auction closes someone will have accepted the offer. That's a
contract and you must honor it. Now it's *their* sandbox.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

Old April 8th 07, 10:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
noteworthy

On Apr 8, 9:44 am, "note.boy" wrote:
By the time prospective bidders have read all that nonsense in your listing
any notion of bidding will have faded to zero. Billy

"diane aka whatever ©" wrote in messagenews:8qydnR6kwsXlB4rbnZ2dnUVZ_hisnZ2d@gigan ews.com...

PLEASE HELP .. I know this is a coin group but I think I need to end a
listing of mine. Maybe need to contact someone with knowledge of foreign
notes before listing these .. I think I already got bamboozled out of one
of them ..

Normally I sell tokens. Arcade, transit etc .. This is NOT the kind of
stuff I would list but it was part of a collection I bought. thought it
was junk and then someone wrote to tell me they were valuable.

I would really appreciate your input or maybe someone could tell me who I
should talk to about them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-WWII-WAR-NOTE...CULATED-CONSEC...

The Pick value for the notes is $650 ea in unc. in the 10th edition
of the Standard Catalogue of World Paper money.

There is only one catch. Usually for notes to be worth that value (for
such a small region) there are not ten of them listed at once. Prices
are generally driven up due to a demand that is more than the supply.
Knowing that there are so many of them is likely to temporarily
decrease the value of them. It is quite likely that a dealer will buy
them and release them slowly into the market place.

Considering the price that the auction has reached I would recommend
to let the auction run - take the money and smile. Perhaps give some
more money to the person you bought them from - they probably got
ripped off.

Old April 8th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

On Apr 8, 5:24 am, "noteworthy" wrote:
On Apr 8, 9:44 am, "note.boy" wrote:

[...]

ripped off.- Hide quoted text -

Pick has been criticized by paper money collectors for not being
accurate (same
as the Krause world coin catalogs) so who knows what these are really
worth?

They are up to $1,925.00 with 8 hours to go. So at present they are
going for
approx. $200 each. The $650 price would not have figured a hoard
of ten coming on
the market at once. As stated earlier a dealer will probably buy
them and sell them
slowly so as to not depress the market.

Old April 8th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"note.boy" wrote in message
By the time prospective bidders have read all that nonsense in your
listing
any notion of bidding will have faded to zero. Billy

Amazingly enough, as of this hour, eleven bidders have looked beyond that
and elevated the bidding to almost $1700.

James

I tend to hit the back button as soon as I see a long list of terms and
conditions, maybe I should read down a bit more from time to time. Billy

Old April 8th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"note.boy" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message
By the time prospective bidders have read all that nonsense in your
listing
any notion of bidding will have faded to zero. Billy

Amazingly enough, as of this hour, eleven bidders have looked beyond that
and elevated the bidding to almost $1700.

James

I tend to hit the back button as soon as I see a long list of terms and
conditions, maybe I should read down a bit more from time to time. Billy

At your own risk, Billy, at your own risk! 8)

James

Old April 8th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"note.boy" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message
By the time prospective bidders have read all that nonsense in your
listing
any notion of bidding will have faded to zero. Billy

Amazingly enough, as of this hour, eleven bidders have looked beyond
that and elevated the bidding to almost $1700.

James

I tend to hit the back button as soon as I see a long list of terms and
conditions, maybe I should read down a bit more from time to time. Billy

At your own risk, Billy, at your own risk! 8)

James

An unnecessary long list of terms and conditions makes me think that the
seller is paranoid and I ask myself if I want to buy from someone who is
paranoid, and the answer has been so far an emphatic NO.

If a seller really must state their terms and conditions no more than
"seller pays, I post the goods" is necessary. Billy

Old April 8th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"note.boy" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message
[...]

Agreed. I suppose that some of them don't get out much and have no one to
talk to. Others might have power and control issues. They will not listen
to you or me, so we'll have to be content to let the marketplace be the
arbiter.

James

Old April 9th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"note.boy" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message
[...]

Hey. Shhhh. I think she really is gone now. We probably should stop
beating her horse to death among ourselves since she's not playing anymore.
I'll bet she kept lurking here awhile though, after her dramatic farewell,
to see what was being said about her. Biting her lip to avoid the
temptation to reply just once more. I'm convinced that anyone who feels
the need to proclaim "I'm outa here!" or something similar to the group
can't resist still following the thread they themselves typically caused to
turn hostile.

Okay. Who's next.

Bruce
'I'm outa here!'

Old April 9th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message
[...]

10-4 on that, good buddy, we're gone, bye-bye!

James
'betcha still got yer ears on, dontcha'

FA: Various US Paper Money Wes Chormicle Paper Money 0 February 4th 05 04:33 PM
FS:Paper Money Steve Paper Money 0 July 4th 04 03:51 PM
I use paper-money as toilet paper !!! Tom-Alex Soorhull Paper Money 1 May 18th 04 01:08 AM
Chinese paper money (food money?) None Paper Money 0 March 9th 04 01:46 PM
Collect Paper Money? Selling Paper Money MurphAssoc Paper Money 0 September 27th 03 01:28 PM