Your experience please...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 25th 12, 03:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_11_]

Default Your experience please...

Hi all!
Since I've recently started collecting stamps (I've collected stamps as a
young boy but randomly and most of them cancelled), I have a few dumb
questions:
1) is there a guide for new collectors like the one for coins "Coin
Collecting for Dummies" or similar?
I want (mostly) to learn the stamp collecting terminology and all those
acronyms I don't fully understand...
2) I saw that all stamp collectors are using a SG numbering system which I
presume comes from Stanley Gibbons catalogues.
Question: are all catalogues (Scott, Michel, etc) using the same numbering
system?...
3) Can one purchase some decent catalogues for specific countries without
having to purchase the entire catalogue for the whole world which is usually
over $200?...Which companies have such catalogues by country?

Thank you all for your insight.

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Does anyone here have experience with NCS? Iagos Fool Coins 6 January 12th 08 01:49 PM
A New Experience Larry Louks Coins 7 December 3rd 05 11:56 PM
Darthcardz, My experience DAYK Cards:- non-sport 0 January 29th 05 07:44 PM
eBay experience. Dave General Discussion 5 December 16th 03 09:55 PM
My experience with NCS Dale Hallmark Coins 18 September 9th 03 03:53 PM