Tape Player Problem

Old May 11th 05, 05:14 AM
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 10 May 2005 07:46:56 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

thats becuse you probably arnt smart enuf to use a 300 dollar line
condtioner and a 300 dollar industrual APC UPS to power youre audio system
like i do i NEVER experance problems from line sags or surges.
any one who dosent protect his or her system like i do is asking for
problems
end of story. snip

LOL! Someone sold this guy a bill of goods, for sure.

dB
Old May 11th 05, 05:22 AM
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 10 May 2005 15:24:54 -0400, 8 tracker from hell
wrote:

Andy wrote:

thats becuse you probably arnt smart enuf to use a 300 dollar line
condtioner and a 300 dollar industrual APC UPS to power youre audio system
like i do i NEVER experance problems from line sags or surges.
any one who dosent protect his or her system like i do is asking for
problems
end of story.

heres the end of the story, you are a uneducated dip****, just like noodles.
you do not know jack **** about electronics or audio engineering. snip

People waste money of "power line conditioners" that are unnecessary
for audio because they read it in shill rags like "Audio Advisor,"
whose sole purpose is to sell crap to the unwashed.

The national standard for long term power line frequency stability is
2X10-8, which, in the 1930s, was the most accurate time base available
until General Radio introduced the first thermostatically controlled
crystal time bases. 2X10-8 is more than accurate enough for audio use
in synchronous motors in audio for tape and disc players, assuming
either direct drive or a properly sized drive mechanism. The problem
is that voltage sags and surges will tend to "cog" a synchronous motor
to where it'll slip a pole now and then. With direct drive, you get
one speed...period...and if the system is designed right, such as
Ampex's direct drive tape transports, there's seldom a problem. Once
you get into indirect drive, though, there IS a problem, in that
there's no way to compensate for variances in the drive medium,
whether it be belt or rubber tires, like in the notoriously off speed
Ampex 300s of the early '50s.

Power line conditioners designed for computer usage for home audio? I
don't think so...the money's better spent elsewhere. It's funny how
many schmoes will shell out that kind of money for an APC or Solar
power conditioner, and have a **** turntable and cartridge with which
to get the music...durrrrrrr!

dB
Old May 11th 05, 05:24 AM
DeserTBoB

On 10 May 2005 13:58:33 -0700, "UNIVERSAL GENIUS"
wrote:

Andy, that is a good point- the audiophile high end tube amp fellas ALL
use those line voltage conditioners- without it, the cycle rate can be
incorrect. snip

LMAO! Noodles further exposes his ignorance.

WTF is a "cycle rate?" Noodles, don't try to bull**** people...we all
KNOW how stupid you really are!

dB
Old May 11th 05, 07:25 AM
Andy

and as i said a line condtioner and a USP unintrupable power supply kills
any sags or surges DEAD i can run my system with NO ac power for 3 hours off
my UPS.
so it shows how stupid you actualy are .
but then again you dont own youre own high end hi fi stereo store either

"8 tracker from hell" wrote in message
Andy wrote:

thats becuse you probably arnt smart enuf to use a 300 dollar line
condtioner and a 300 dollar industrual APC UPS to power youre audio

system
like i do i NEVER experance problems from line sags or surges.
any one who dosent protect his or her system like i do is asking for
problems
end of story.

heres the end of the story, you are a uneducated dip****, just like

noodles.
you do not know jack **** about electronics or audio engineering.

like i said earlier, the line voltage variations vary depending on what

part
of the country your in.
well dumb****, into the kilfile folder you go, you can enjoy your

permanent
place there with nudo.

--
i have an 8 track mind

My other computer is your XP box.

Old May 11th 05, 07:27 AM
Andy

shows how stupid you truely are line condtioners and UPS units are sold for
a reason to make sure clean power is deliverd to youre connected loads.
just as i see by youre email address you use a cheap ass dial up isp shows
how cheap you really are

Old May 11th 05, 07:30 AM
Andy

exactly my point and if you put a APC ups inline before it it filters the
sags and surges even better and you have a short term battery back up to
ride you though short power faluers.
i love my MAC power amp .
and i agree tubs give a warmer cleaner sound .
that is proven fact

"UNIVERSAL GENIUS" wrote in message
oups.com...
Andy wrote:
thats becuse you probably arnt smart enuf to use a 300 dollar line
condtioner and a 300 dollar industrual APC UPS to power youre audio

system
like i do i NEVER experance problems from line sags or surges.
any one who dosent protect his or her system like i do is asking for
problems
end of story.

Andy, that is a good point- the audiophile high end tube amp fellas ALL
use those line voltage conditioners- without it, the cycle rate can be
incorrect. At night the voltage is cleaner than during the day. Smart
move. I get the best sound from my tube system after 10 PM at night.

Old May 11th 05, 07:31 AM
Andy

cycle rate you dum ass is 60 cycles per second and you can get poor cycle
rates if you get power sags or brown outs and that is a proven fact any
power company will back you up on .

Old May 11th 05, 07:32 AM
Andy

correction you lamer i own my own high end stereo store and my units cost me
nothing i own the place.

Old May 11th 05, 09:30 AM
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 11 May 2005 06:27:46 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

shows how stupid you truely are line condtioners and UPS units are sold for
a reason to make sure clean power is deliverd to youre connected loads. snip

Idiot...UPS means "uninterruptable power supply". It's not a "line
filter." Dumbass, I retired from a career in the Bell System and
AT&T, as well as studio recording. I've used UPSes (REAL UPSs, not
those toy single phase boxes for PCs) from 75 to 313 KVa. You've
picked the wrong guy to **** with.

just as i see by youre email address you use a cheap ass dial up isp shows
how cheap you really are snip

I'm cheap...and not a fool. That's why I have good gear and money at
the same time.

By the way...ever consider finishing high school? Your grammatical
usage and lack of typing skills show a low education level. Are you
pals with Charlie Nudo?

dB
Old May 11th 05, 09:33 AM
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 11 May 2005 06:32:14 GMT, "Andy" wrote:

correction you lamer i own my own high end stereo store and my units cost me
nothing i own the place. snip

LMAO! "High end stereo store" is usually a euphemism for "ripoff
joint." Judging from the lack of capitalization and poor grammar, I'd
put you on a par with Charlie Nudo, our resident paranoid delusional
****tard.

Let's see...you're the one that replaces "stylasts" in turntables,
right? The word is STYLUS...moron.

here.

dB