Easton Press signed copy of Fahrenheit 451 on Ebay? (unable to find)

Old July 22nd 03, 11:45 AM
John Yamamoto-Wilson

Christopher Foray wrote:

That guy is a bidder not a seller.
What does hair have to do with books? You lost me.
Who the hell is Rich Davis?

Since David has lost patience and isn't going to spell things out any
further than he already has done, the point is that the same poster is
posting queries about different eBay items, all following the same format -
i.e., with enough information that anyone with two brain cells can find the
item concerned, but pretending that he himself is so thick that he just
can't find it and needs to be pointed in the right direction.

The guy's an obvious plonker who thinks he's found a good way to plug his
auctions.

--
John
http://rarebooksinjapan.com

Old July 22nd 03, 12:54 PM
Steven Rowe

In article , "John
Yamamoto-Wilson" writes:

i.e., with enough information that anyone with two brain cells can find the
item concerned, but pretending that he himself is so thick that he just
can't find it and needs to be pointed in the right direction

right,
if a friend of yours told you about an auction - and you couldnt find it -
you would naturally post on usenet, rather than asking your friend for the url,
right?

an obvious shrill

steven rowe
---------------------------------
Don't forget to Delete "Unspam" if you wish to e- mail me.

join the FelixTheCat list at www.yahoogroups.com
Old July 23rd 03, 01:48 AM
Christopher Foray

I'm also pretty sure this Christopher Foray is yet another Rich Davis
sockpuppet.

I'm a doctor living in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You need to get a checkup. Mental
not physical.

"Jon Meyers" wrote in message
"Gary Phillips" wrote...
Dave,

I did just as you suggested, went to Google Groups and looked up
. I found 46 posts on record, this one, and only

one
other - pertaining to The Franklin Press - posted to

rec.collecting.books.
I don't see anything to impeach him.

As to the Ebay listing for the Easton Bradbury, are you saying that this
fellow,

zeddicarus( 1507)
Feedback rating: 1507
Positive feedback: 99.3%
Registered Feb-08-00 in United States

Feedback Summary 2188 positives. 1518 are from unique users.
19 neutrals.
12 negatives. 10 are from unique users

the seller of said book, is
(Larry H.)?

If this is so, what is the basis of your flame, because I just don't see

it?

I'm just asking a question here...

The auction we were supposed to find is from seller vespertin, who is Rich
Davis--who is also the OP Larry H and a few others (troll no. 69, Deals
Galore). I'm also pretty sure this Christopher Foray is yet another Rich
Davis sockpuppet. "Who the hell is Rich Davis?" I love it!

Rich: You're a pip, man. But don't carry things too far. You're
pinched--admit it.

--
Jon Meyers
[To reply,

Nice! Posting an ad for your auction under the guise of a request for

help. Very clever. Does it work?

Now run along and get a new angle, insignificant little man.

(Note for those who might be tempted to fall for his act: Feel free
to plug his email address into Google Groups under the "author"
field.)

-David

Old July 23rd 03, 04:18 AM
Jon Meyers

"Christopher Foray" wrote...
I'm also pretty sure this Christopher Foray is yet another Rich Davis
sockpuppet.

I'm a doctor living in Tulsa, Oklahoma. You need to get a checkup.

Mental
not physical.

Our cup runneth over with wacky doctors this month. You must be retired or
not using your real name, since the neither the AMA nor the Oklahoma Board
of Medical Licensure and Supervision has a listing for a Christopher (or any
other) Foray. And you're posting through an ISP that doesn't provide
service in Tulsa, as far as I can tell. Adelphia is all over Ohio,
though--Ohio, where Rich Davis lives. Quelle surprise.

Try again.

--
Jon Meyers
[To reply,

"Jon Meyers" wrote...

Old July 24th 03, 01:58 AM
Do your homework

Adelphia is in that area of Oklahoma. They've been there for at least a
couple of years. I know for a fact that isn't Rich Davis making those
posts.

"Christopher Foray" wrote...

Old July 24th 03, 05:53 AM
Jon Meyers

"Do your homework" wrote in message
Adelphia is in that area of Oklahoma. They've been there for at least a
couple of years. I know for a fact that isn't Rich Davis making those
posts.

Oh, look: Another anonymous (top)poster from an Ohio ISP used by other Rich
Davis sockpuppets, viz. "Lawrence Havens" ). Larry
H--sound familiar? See: http://snurl.com/1vgz where "Lawrence Havens"
shill-posts for a vespertin auction, or http://snurl.com/1vh4 , where
"Francelia M. Havens" at the same email address shill-posts for Rich Davis's
autograph site. (That first thread also includes a post from another Davis
handle: artdealer )

And, yes, Adelphia is in Oklahoma as a cable TV & telephone service
provider, but I couldn't find that they offered internet service in the
Tulsa area. Perhaps you'd be kind enough to educate me by providing the
correct web-page or other contact info? I won't be holding my breath,
though.

(Sorry, guys, but this is way more fun than reading about biscuits.)
--
Jon Meyers
[To reply,

"Jon Meyers" wrote...
"Christopher Foray" wrote...

Old July 25th 03, 03:43 PM
Christopher Foray

Adelphia is in that area of Oklahoma. They've been there for at least a
couple of years.

Well, Williams Comms leased out part of their system in the Tulsa area to
Adelphia a few years ago but I've only been a subscriber for less than a
year. Before that, the only internet access I had was from my office at
work. What that Mayers fool fails to realize is there is more than one
type of doctor in the world. AMA.........pleeze!

"Do your homework" wrote in message
Adelphia is in that area of Oklahoma. They've been there for at least a
couple of years. I know for a fact that isn't Rich Davis making those
posts.

"Christopher Foray" wrote...

Old July 26th 03, 07:16 AM
Jon Meyers

"Christopher Foray" wrote...
Adelphia is in that area of Oklahoma. They've been there for at least a
couple of years.

Well, Williams Comms leased out part of their system in the Tulsa area to
Adelphia a few years ago but I've only been a subscriber for less than a
year. Before that, the only internet access I had was from my office at
work. What that Mayers fool fails to realize is there is more than one
type of doctor in the world. AMA.........pleeze!

sigh All your posts' NNTP-posting-host numbers trace to Chillicothe,
Ohio. I'm sure it will come as a cataclysmic surprise to all that the posts
from "Larry H." and "Do your homework" also appear to originate from
Chillicothe.

When you call yourself "a doctor," that presumptively means "a medical
doctor." Other kinds of doctors are referred to with additional qualifiers.
You know this. So Pleeze! your own self.

Your story gets thinner the further you stretch it.

--
Jon Meyers
[To reply,

[...]

[snip]