AMI I

Old October 17th 12, 01:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
LARRY

Default AMI I

I HAVE AN AMI I 200 PLAY. THE PROBLEM WHEN A PAWL HITS A PIN IT DOES NOT STOP AND LOAD THE RECORD. IT WILL SKIP OVER THE PINS. THE MICRO SWITCHES HAVE BEEN CLEANED. ALSO CLEANED THE CONTACT RING. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS EXCEPT THIS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS LARRY
Old October 17th 12, 08:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

LARRY wrote:
I HAVE AN AMI I 200 PLAY. THE PROBLEM WHEN A PAWL HITS A PIN IT DOES NOT STOP AND LOAD THE RECORD. IT WILL SKIP OVER THE PINS. THE MICRO SWITCHES HAVE BEEN CLEANED. ALSO CLEANED THE CONTACT RING. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS EXCEPT THIS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS LARRY

You can't 'clean' microswitches short of taking them apart (and I don't
recommend attempting that!) - you may have wiped them down, but that has
not effect on the switch.

What you do need to do is to TEST each switch (usually with an
ohm-meter) - go to the middle of this page:

https://www.flippers.com/ami-rowe.html

and see if it makes any sense to you about the readings you get from a
good and bad microswitch. Note your switches are likely smaller, but are
tested the same way.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old October 17th 12, 11:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:01:49 AM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
LARRY wrote: I HAVE AN AMI I 200 PLAY. THE PROBLEM WHEN A PAWL HITS A PIN IT DOES NOT STOP AND LOAD THE RECORD. IT WILL SKIP OVER THE PINS. THE MICRO SWITCHES HAVE BEEN CLEANED. ALSO CLEANED THE CONTACT RING. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS EXCEPT THIS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS LARRY You can't 'clean' microswitches short of taking them apart (and I don't recommend attempting that!) - you may have wiped them down, but that has not effect on the switch. What you do need to do is to TEST each switch (usually with an ohm-meter) - go to the middle of this page: https://www.flippers.com/ami-rowe.html and see if it makes any sense to you about the readings you get from a good and bad microswitch. Note your switches are likely smaller, but are tested the same way. John :-#)# -- (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

John,I had Dan Colabuno check and clean the switches. The switches checked out ok. The problem still exsists after I put switches back on.
Thanks
Larry
Old October 18th 12, 06:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

wrote:
[...]

Hi Larry,

Sorry, I do not know this Don fellow so do not know how good he is with
jukeboxes.

When the AMI machine doesn't stop at the pawl it is usually a
microswitch issue, either a bad microswitch or one (or more) that are
not setup correctly as per the factory manual.

Until you set the microswitches and adjust them in the order as shown in
the manual I can't get any further with your problem.

If you do not have the manual then you simply can't fix the machine -
the adjustments can only be done as it shows.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old October 18th 12, 02:49 PM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robertson View Post
wrote:
[...]

I have to agree with John that the issue is more than likely the switches and they may not be adjusted correctly and as John says it has to be done re the manual, the same goes with the 1100 and 1200 mechanism as well.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old October 18th 12, 11:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

[...]

John, I have a manual. what section do i need to find info.

thanks larry
Old October 19th 12, 12:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

wrote:
[...]

Read the manual where it covers switch adjustments.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old October 24th 12, 01:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:51:28 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
wrote: On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:01:49 AM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote: LARRY wrote: I HAVE AN AMI I 200 PLAY. THE PROBLEM WHEN A PAWL HITS A PIN IT DOES NOT STOP AND LOAD THE RECORD. IT WILL SKIP OVER THE PINS. THE MICRO SWITCHES HAVE BEEN CLEANED. ALSO CLEANED THE CONTACT RING. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS EXCEPT THIS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS LARRY You can't 'clean' microswitches short of taking them apart (and I don't recommend attempting that!) - you may have wiped them down, but that has not effect on the switch. What you do need to do is to TEST each switch (usually with an ohm-meter) - go to the middle of this page: https://www.flippers.com/ami-rowe.html and see if it makes any sense to you about the readings you get from a good and bad microswitch. Note your switches are likely smaller, but are tested the same way. John :-#)# -- (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) www.flippers. com "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out." John, I have a manual. what section do i need to find info. thanks larry Read the manual where it covers switch adjustments. John :-#)# -- (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

Thanks for your help. Problem fixed. Thanks Larry
Old October 24th 12, 11:33 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

Was it the switches?

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old October 25th 12, 02:40 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:33:17 AM UTC-4, Alan Hood wrote:
;693400 Wrote: On Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:51:28 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:- wrote: On Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:01:49 AM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote: LARRY wrote: I HAVE AN AMI I 200 PLAY. THE PROBLEM WHEN A PAWL HITS A PIN IT DOES NOT STOP AND LOAD THE RECORD. IT WILL SKIP OVER THE PINS. THE MICRO SWITCHES HAVE BEEN CLEANED. ALSO CLEANED THE CONTACT RING. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS EXCEPT THIS. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS LARRY You can't 'clean' microswitches short of taking them apart (and I don't recommend attempting that!) - you may have wiped them down, but that has not effect on the switch. What you do need to do is to TEST each switch (usually with an ohm-meter) - go to the middle of this page: https://www.flippers.com/ami-rowe.html and see if it makes any sense to you about the readings you get from a good and bad microswitch. Note your switches are likely smaller, but are tested the same way. John :-#)# -- (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) www.flippers. com "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out." John, I have a manual. what section do i need to find info. thanks larry Read the manual where it covers switch adjustments. John :-#)# -- (Please post followups or tech enquiries to the newsgroup) John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."- Thanks for your help. Problem fixed. Thanks Larry Hi Larry, Was it the switches? Regards Alan Alan Hood ami-man UK -- Alan Hood

THE MICRO SWITCHES WERE GOOD.