POLL: Any custom mods done to your juke?

Old September 9th 06, 06:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
CoindoorDave

Default POLL: Any custom mods done to your juke?

Just curious, if anyone's done any custom mod to their juke - added some
funky lighting effect, etc...

I'm not real serious about it, but have thought it might look cool to mod
the front of my "orange pulsar" Rowe R-81 so the eight orange circle/square
areas light up independently (maybe flash) rather than simply light up with
florescent tubes...

Old September 11th 06, 03:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken Layton

Most I've ever seen is people patching the audio "line out" from the
juke amplifier to their own sound systems/graphic equalizers. I've also
seen people connect subwoofers to the juke.

Old September 11th 06, 05:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Happy Seeburg Owner

I have put wireless speakers off my '72 seeburg so I can have it playing all
over the house and outside without having to totally crank it in the house
during a party

ups.com...

Old September 11th 06, 07:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
george craig

Coindoor Dave scribbled;

CoindoorDave wrote in article
Just curious, if anyone's done any custom mod to their juke - added some
funky lighting effect, etc...

I'm not real serious about it, but have thought it might look cool to mod

the front of my "orange pulsar" Rowe R-81 so the eight orange

circle/square
areas light up independently (maybe flash) rather than simply light up

with
florescent tubes...

A lot of people mod early 50's Seeburgs wit high quality vaneers, chrome

plating , light up
pilasters with animation, amplifier mods and more modern

cartridge.......GC

Old September 12th 06, 12:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Kr

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:39:22 -0500, "CoindoorDave"
wrote:

Just curious, if anyone's done any custom mod to their juke - added some
funky lighting effect, etc...

I'm not real serious about it, but have thought it might look cool to mod
the front of my "orange pulsar" Rowe R-81 so the eight orange circle/square
areas light up independently (maybe flash) rather than simply light up with
florescent tubes...

Done quite a few over the years, mostly with lighting

In country locations, due to problems with insects, its been necessary
to remove all fluro lighting and install insect-repellent CFL lights
in the machine.

Most of the CD-100's we put a light chaser in the top section to flash
the 8 little bulbs in sequence,

Old September 12th 06, 01:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
mike

I wanted to light up the peacock jewels on my R1426. I devised a low voltage
DC light source and formed clear mini blind rod to deliver the light source
to the backside of each jewel. Was non-obtrusive on the backside and nothing
had to be destroyed in doing it. It added a nice detail to its appearance
when lit up!

MRT

Old September 13th 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
CoindoorDave

Kewl - any pics?

So far, the only real change I've done to my R-81 is to remove the little
"license" plate in the middle so you can see the turntable. Of course,
there is that hideous yellow painted inside, but hey - it was the 70's after
all.

Funny thing is, my 8 year old called it a "juice box" for the longest time
;-) Both him and my 5 year old love to hear that cheesy Star Wars disco 45.
My 8 year old's the only one in his class who knows who Freddy
Mercury/Queen, The Cars, and Survivor (although thanks to the computer
animated "Robots" film, "Eye of the Tiger" is recognizable to his
generation). ALso, how many 8 year olds know the lyrics to "Frank and Jesse
James" by Warren Zevon? ;-)

. ..

Old September 13th 06, 02:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

CoindoorDave wrote:
Just curious, if anyone's done any custom mod to their juke - added some
funky lighting effect, etc...

Dave: We have done hundreds yes probably hundreds of custom boxes with
many modifications in our 35 years in Business. We also have found that
it really does not have any devaluation of the Jukebox other than to
the TRUE collectors; by the way usually do not pay top prices for the
machines that benefit from customizing. We have turned several $500
boxes into $10,000 functioning "Works of Art" for a couple of examples
go to http://jukebox-junkyard.com/_wsn/page2.html
We can do almost anything the customer wants done to their jukebox
whether it is cosmetic or circuitry modification to improve
reliability.

Roy Dean
The Jukebox Junkyard

www.jukebox-junkyard.com

Old September 13th 06, 04:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Fred

upgraded electrical / amps / lighting, but no custom mods. I think a
light mod to my 1700HF might be in the works. Some color wheel or
device to change the hue.