WTB: Seeburg "B" Coin Mech

Old April 17th 10, 11:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Default WTB: Seeburg "B" Coin Mech

wedgehead3 wrote:
On Apr 17, 12:33 pm, John Robertson wrote:
wedgehead3 wrote:
On Apr 16, 2:07 pm, John Robertson wrote:
wedgehead3 wrote:
On Apr 15, 12:16 pm, John Robertson wrote:
wedgehead3 wrote:
Guys,
I'm new to this group but was told this was the most knowledgable
place on the internet for jukebox parts and technical info. As the
subect line says, I own a Seeburg model "B". I'm
looking for the nickle, dime, quarter coin mech. If anyonevhas a nice
one that function correctly I wouid be most interested.
Thanks in advance,
Larry
Hi Larry,
Do you need just the coin acceptor/sorter assembly or do you need the
frame as well as the coin acceptor?
I have coin acceptors in stock, but none of the frames (with coin
switches) left.
John :-#)#
Call(604)872-5757or Fax872-2010(Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
John,
My problem is not with the box operating properly, but with the coin
mech. It has never allowed me to dependably operate the box on
nickels.
Dimes and quarters are no problem. But if I drop 10 nickels in this
box, 6-7 will work perfectly, but 3-4 will hang up down past where the
coin reject rod can spit them back out, therefore plugging up the
whole coin mech. When it gets jammed up there is no cure except
pulling the box out, opening the back, popping the coin mech out and
clearing the jammed up nickels. You know what a pain in the butt it is
to work in the back of those boxes with that "swing down" lower back
door, especially for a big guy like myself.
So, I'm in the market for a working coin mech.......There may be a way
to adjust the one I have but I can't find any literature or
instuctions on how to adjust it and I'm afraid to try much of anything
for fear of making it completely unusable. Any help will be
appreciated.
Larry
Hi Larry,
If you can post the name of the maker of the coin acceptor I may have
the adjustment instructions that I can PDF and send you. Seeburg had
that info in their service manuals...
John :-#)#
Call(604)872-5757or Fax872-2010(Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
John,
The paper label that was on the mech/sorter has been removed at some
point in it's life...Did Seeburg use more than one type on the Model B
box? You mentioned earlier that you stocked the acceptor/sorter that I
needed. Did I misunderstand?
If there are maybe only 2 or 3 possibilities of mechs it could be,
could you send me the adjustment instructions for those 2 or 3 and let
me see if I can sort it out myself?
Thanks in advance,
Larry

Hi Larry,

Sorry, super busy at the moment with a rush shipment off to Tasmania
(nine or so games) so don't have time to help at the moment. Contact me
late next week if I don't get back to you by then...

John :-#)#

John,

I completely understand. I'm getting some things together, myself, to
take to Allentown. I'll make myself a reminder to remind you around
April 21 or 22.....I'm leaving for Allentown on April 29. By chance
are you going to Allentown? Is your email address: spam at flippers
dot com???

Larry

Yes, that is one of my many email addresses - Spam at... - oddly enough
I get no spam on it.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old April 18th 10, 02:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
wedgehead3

On Apr 17, 5:22*pm, NJ Mike wrote:
Larry,

Do you set all you pins/jukes to coin up?

I have my Gigi set for coins, and I find it a nice change from the
free play setting. I just don't know if I would like to coin up all my
games.

Anyway, look forward to meeting you in Allentown.

Mike Berger

Mike,

I like to have as many of my games on coin as possible. I have only a
very few that are set to free play and that is only because the coin
gear had been removed before I bought the game. Out of the 26 games
that I have set up for play, only two are on free play. I guess I'm
too much of a purist......I'm looking forward to meeting you as well.
Just look for the old fat guy at the WV flea market booth. LOL

Larry