RE ebay problem need input!

Old August 2nd 03, 07:39 AM
Steve Angel

Default RE ebay problem need input!

Yes. Report him.
--

"This next song doesn't go something like this; it goes EXACTLY like this."
- Steven Wright

Old August 2nd 03, 09:16 AM
hof autographs

thanks for reading it properly steve!

no offense mister Sokol i don't think you are reading it properly the guy
who's bid i cancelled had -1 rating, i cancelled that bid because the guy
had never paid for an auction he won!

and that is not the complaint, read it a little slower and maybe you will
understand!

"Steve Angel" wrote in message
. ca...
Yes. Report him.

Old August 2nd 03, 01:40 PM
Vntage Hky

I believe this guy who was outbid has no binding deal w/ you as YOU were the
one who cancelled what may or may not have been a legitament bid.You took it
upon yourself to "judge" and now you must live with the consequenses.
Many people have "negatives" in eBay and in life but you should treat every
with the courtesy of doing right until they prove otherwise.
Who cares what/how many things people buy of a certain product.You got your
"FEES" so stop whinning.
Ron
Old August 2nd 03, 03:41 PM
Steve Angel

The problem here is one of misrepresentation:
This bidder declined to honor his bid on the Spezza/Gretzky because "he
already has one." and then turned around and started bidding up a storm
on other Gretzky/Spezzas. Clearly, he lied to avoid honoring his bid.
The fact that he and the seller came to an agreement is irrelevant,
because that agreement is predicated on a false statement.

Old August 2nd 03, 04:27 PM
Bob Adams

Old August 2nd 03, 04:29 PM
Rusty

most important fact here folks. The person whose bid was cancelled is
probably the same as the evetual high bidder. He probably used a phony
ID to outbid his legitimate ID because the auction price was too high
(and you can't cancel your own bids 12 hours before the auction ends).

Old August 2nd 03, 04:37 PM
Flyersjrcujo

In regards to the guy bidding on all of the Gretzky/Spezza cards, one thing
that I think you need to take into consideration with EBAY is the fact that a
lot of people bid just because they like to bid. When I used to collect flyers
cards, there was this guy on EBAY who had the handle flyers219 who would bid on
any and every flyers item that would be posted. This used to drive me nuts
because there were times that I would be willing to go with the posted
buy-it-now price, and here this guy places his bid at a dollar, thus cancelling
the buy-it-now option. Its frustrating, but on EBAY, its something you have to
live with.
In your case, I agree with you...cancelling out the deadbeat was a good
idea...but if you were that intent on collecting on the auction...you should
not have let the high bidder off of the hook...your auction, after all, is a
contract.
Old August 2nd 03, 07:15 PM
Kevin B.

Steve Angel wrote in message .ca...
The problem here is one of misrepresentation:
This bidder declined to honor his bid on the Spezza/Gretzky because "he
already has one." and then turned around and started bidding up a storm
on other Gretzky/Spezzas. Clearly, he lied to avoid honoring his bid.
The fact that he and the seller came to an agreement is irrelevant,
because that agreement is predicated on a false statement.

That is a good point.You DID do him a favor,thinking he was only
interested in 1.Then he bids on quite a few others.
The other guy with a negative 1 total feedback is
irrelevant.......he most likely would have renigged on a pretty high
priced item.(I just had the same happen to me,except I didn't cancel
his bid....I didn't check his feedback(14 positive,14 negative) until
after I didn't hear anything).He bought it now for $350.00 on my 00-01
UD Ice set with 1 day left.It ended up costing me at least $25.00 when
I offered it as a 2nd chance offer(3rd high bidder took it).
Kevin