Identify Aircraft

Old April 5th 08, 11:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

Default Identify Aircraft

Back when Trip was into military stuff and air shows around here I mentioned
going up to Duluth (I lived in Minneapolis at the time) on a newspaper
carrier's outing and touring the AFB there. This would be about 1962.
Anyway, I was writing a recollection of it recently and dug out some
pictures I took at the time (I was surprised it was allowed). I would be
curious to know what type of craft it is if anyone can identify it. The pics
are posted he
http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/11801...7433219-21196/

Old April 5th 08, 11:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
kayak144[_2_]

On Apr 5, 6:17*pm, "William W Western"
wrote:
Back when Trip was into military stuff and air shows around here I mentioned
going up to Duluth (I lived in Minneapolis at the time) on a newspaper
carrier's outing and touring the AFB there. This would be about 1962.
Anyway, I was writing a recollection of it recently and dug out some
pictures I took at the time (I was surprised it was allowed). I would be
curious to know what type of craft it is if anyone can identify it. The pics
are posted hehttp://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/11801...7433219-21196/

I would say that's an Convair F106 aka Delta Dart.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/6shooter/
Old April 6th 08, 03:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

I would say that's an Convair F106 aka Delta Dart.
Thanks, I think you are right. That looks like the one in my
picture out on the airstrip in the background of this pictu
http://www.f-106deltadart.com/11fis/11fis_01.jpg

Old April 6th 08, 03:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
kayak144[_2_]

On Apr 5, 10:04*pm, "William W Western"
wrote:
I would say that's an *Convair F106 aka Delta Dart.

* * * * * *Thanks, I think you are right. That looks like the one in my
picture out on the airstrip in the background of this pictuhttp://www.f-106deltadart.com/11fis/11fis_01.jpg

I spent the first 17 years of my life on Navy bases from coast to
coast. When I was born my father was working on Douglas Skyraiders.
Then is was on to S-2 Trackers, F-4 Phantoms, A-4 Skyhawks, A-7
Corsairs, S-3 Vikings and finally F-14 Tomcats. I was privy to see
some of the first F/A 18's during testing/evaluations at the Naval Air
Test Center, Patuxent River, MD.

I think the most unique aircraft I have seen in person was the Convair
Sea Dart, an example of which was sitting at NATC Pax River. It was in
pretty poor shape, sitting off by itself near some old hanger and I
used to ride my bicycle to where it was and play around on it. I
assume it was there to eventually be refurnished for a museum or
something. A Navy brat was able to see a lot of things that most
others never will.

http://www.airbornegrafix.com/Histor...es/Seadart.htm
Old April 6th 08, 05:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

something. A Navy brat was able to see a lot of things that most
others never will.
Sounds like that should somewhat even up the usual complaint
that moving around so much meant it was hard to form any friendships.

http://www.airbornegrafix.com/Histor...es/Seadart.htm

That last one pictured looks like something out of the
Thunderbirds television show from the 60s.

Old April 7th 08, 02:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
kayak144[_2_]

On Apr 6, 12:36*am, "William W Western"
wrote:
something. A Navy brat was able to see a lot of things that most

others never will.
* * * * * * Sounds like that should somewhat even up the usual complaint
that moving around so much meant it was hard to form any friendships.

I guess that's one way to look at it. I went to 12 different schools,
that really sucked.

http://www.airbornegrafix.com/Histor...es/Seadart.htm

* * * * * * That last one pictured looks like something out of the
Thunderbirds television show from the 60s.

Thunderbirds Are Go!