CD Bubbler Differences?

Old December 11th 07, 06:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jim D. in TN

Default CD Bubbler Differences?

I'm thinking of purchasing a used CD 1015-like jukebox from a large
operator. Should I have a preference between the ones offered by
Wurlitzer, Rowe, and Rock-ola? Can anyone advise me or direct me to
site on what to look for when purchasing a used CD jukebox? How can I
determine the age and/or plays on the unit. Thanks, Jim
Old December 12th 07, 12:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John P. Dayhuff

Those jukes have gotten much cheaper since I bought mine 2+ years ago, make
sure you do your homework.. Stay away from the oldest ones since they were
not very reliable.....( trust me ). I've since upgraded to a MP3 20gb hard
drive. Best move I've made.
Good luck,

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....

Old December 12th 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter[_3_]

You should do a google groups search for this topic. It has been beat to
death over the past few years here.
Basically what it boils down to is that half of us love the Wurlitzer jukes
because of their being the closest to the original 1940's bubbler (selector
buttons are correct, color animation is correct, etc.), and the other half
love the Rock Ola version because it has a better remote, more animation,
and a more standard amplifier. There are a few more differences, but these
are the main ones.
For me, the ugly CD pages and selector buttons on the Rock Ola and others
(besides the Wurlitzer) made the choice of buying the Wurlitzer a no
brainer. The Rock Ola guys will say that some of the Wurlitzer cabinet
chrome pieces are plastic instead of metal, but in a home setting it's not
an issue, and you can NOT tell the difference unless you tap on them.
We all agree that the Seeburg, NSM , and Rowe versions are garbage.

Old December 12th 07, 01:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken In Texas

Actually the rowe versions are nice....they also have the benefit of
having more part out there as years go by due to production numbers
The are the most expensive of the lot though....

I think you nailed the rest of it Keith

"Jim D. in TN" wrote in message

I'm thinking of purchasing a used CD 1015-like jukebox from a large
operator. Should I have a preference between the ones offered by
Wurlitzer, Rowe, and Rock-ola? Can anyone advise me or direct me to
site on what to look for when purchasing a used CD jukebox? How can I
determine the age and/or plays on the unit. Thanks, Jim

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com
Custom Pinball Cards, Jukeboxes, Drive In's

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."
Old December 13th 07, 12:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Keith Stelter wrote:
[...]

Having distributed Wurlitzer since the late 80s and selling perhaps 200
OMTs I can say they have been very reliable and no=one has asked for
replacement chrome plastic parts that have not had the jukebox rough
handled.

One nice thing about chromed plastic is you never have to polish it...

Also Wurlitzer is very good about parts availability.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com