Jukebox repairman in Dallas?

Old July 6th 07, 08:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
The Hammer

Default Jukebox repairman in Dallas?

As a rather non-technically-inclined collector, I've reached a point
of having 2 jukes about 95% working, and just need a little help in
the last two issues. I've posted in the past and this board is
excellent in giving me direction on what to look for, but I'm one of
those guys that you can try to tell me 100 times and I can't quite get
it, but show me once, and I can do it myself. I would like to get
someone who knows jukes well to come get them both 100% (and actually,
I'm buying a 3rd that may have a small issue as well this weekend -
don't ask me why I keep buying projects given my history of fixing
them - it's a problem! LOL).

They are not expensive jukes (NSM Prestige II and a Rowe R90), and I
think they both *might* be easy fixes, even just adjustments:

* The NSM did a faceplant in my truck bed when the straps came loose
on a bump between Oklahoma and Dallas. When playing the first record,
for about 1 minute, it plays at a hyper slow speed (which is great fun
to hear Garth Brooks or Frank Sinatra sing death metal growls), then
goes to normal, and subsequent records play fine. Second, between each
record, it goes to the left side of the carriage and then gets stuck
and takes 30 seconds to a minute to finally go back to the right to
reset. I think this is a screw adjustment but I can't find it. Maybe
even just needs lubrication?

* The Rowe plays great, but the sound is either off or loud. It's
either a simple wire connection (I know, it shouldn't be hard to trace
wires back, but I'm not seeing anything obvious.) And also, I wouldn't
mind replacing the battery so I don't have to reset free play every
time.

So... long story just to ask if anyone has recommendations of jukebox
repairmen (or even just advanced juke collectors on the board who
would be willing to hire themselves out) in the Dallas area? I'm in
McKinney, about 30 minutes north of downtown Dallas.

I only found these two names in google searches - can anyone vouch for
them?

http://www.2nd-sight.com/gameroom/map.htm
http://www.jukerepair.com/index.htm

Just want to avoid costs like the Arizona news article my mom sent me
last week. Check this out:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...ox0623-ON.html

While I'm sure vintage juke repairs in the multi-$1000's is standard,
here's what I was amazed by - the guy had 'Jukebox George' repair a
1986 Rockola, and spent $2600! Seriously, couldn't he buy 5-8 working
1980's Rockola's for that?!

Mark

Old July 6th 07, 11:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
mike

I use Rich the amp man in Ft Worth. He is great with all the older Seeburgs,
Wurlys and Rock-olas. You might email him on your Rowe and see if he could
look at the amp for you.

BTW - would you know of anyone in DFW looking for a nice Rock-ola CD
bubbler? I have an 04 model for sale that has been in my climate controlled
storage for the last two years, Asking $4k or interesting trade?

http://www.miketyler.net/cdbubbler/

Mike

ps.com...

Old July 7th 07, 04:17 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
The Hammer

On Jul 6, 5:55 pm, "mike" wrote:
I use Rich the amp man in Ft Worth. He is great with all the older Seeburgs,
Wurlys and Rock-olas. You might email him on your Rowe and see if he could
look at the amp for you.

BTW - would you know of anyone in DFW looking for a nice Rock-ola CD
bubbler? I have an 04 model for sale that has been in my climate controlled
storage for the last two years, Asking $4k or interesting trade?

Thanks - will check him out.

I don't know anyone offhand, but that sure is a beauty! You have to
get that out of storage where someone can appreciate it. I'm sure I
can make room in my house to store it for you Will keep my ears
open. Are you on the DFW Pinball email group? Occasional juke, arcade,
slot, etc. related topics are fine on there, so it wouldn't hurt to
let them know what you have available.

Old July 23rd 07, 10:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Hassell Castle

Hey Mike and Mark,

Longtime no speak guys.
I haven't been on the jukebox board here in a while.

Take care,
Craig Hassell