A great UD Story

Old September 12th 03, 01:25 AM
Hockeygamers1

Default A great UD Story

I sent a redemption card for auto Kovalchuk bobble head. Today I get in the
mail a letter from UD stating they ran out and in return subsituted these cards
for it. I open up the holder and there are 2 autograph PM Bouchard future watch
cards. Holy ****. The bobble head is a peice of **** and get 2 of the same mint
rookies that never seen a pack.

Now if I only could get my redemption triple SOTT auto and 2 zetterberg and
spezza future watch cards I sent in due to be damaged. Its a start though
Old September 12th 03, 02:31 AM
hof autographs

the interesting part is that there are only /999 of these correct! were they
not suppose to be in packs!
or are they holding stuff back now!

i am so done with UD

Old September 12th 03, 03:06 AM
Hockeygamers1

good point! both are machine serial #ed out of 999 and autoed

Old September 12th 03, 06:15 AM
hof autographs

i understand having them sign extra for replacement and then renumbering the
cards if some get sent back! but if they are holding cards back that are
suppose to be in the pack! are there really 999 of them out there!

what about other products!

this dates back all the way to the early UD BAP sets with the gretzky autos!
wwhen it turned out there were more cards out there than they previously
stated! what else!

just like the duplicate UD Jagr 1/1 cards that were on ebay a few month ago

Old September 12th 03, 10:30 PM
JSokol1626

Replacements for what? Please tell me whats so freakin hard about packing cards
that have been inspected for quality control, then inspecting the packages,
packing them properly and sending them out? Why should their be a need to
repace cards if you have good quality control and shipping? This isn't rocket
science.

Redemptions, another story. What the hell gives a company the right to sell a
product that hasn't even been produced? I'm sure most of us have received
replacements cards for redemption autos that were never returned by the
athlete. What's that all about? Any other company in the US or Canada would be
out of business if it took them 6 months to fill your order and then sent you
something you didn't order in the first place. That's fraud my friends.

Last but not least, collation. I'm sick and tired of reading these words
"stated odds are 1:X, these odds reflect the average of the print run and are
not a guarantee of the contents of any single box". What the heck is that crap?
We can put a man in space, hit a target from 200 miles away and split an atom,
but we can't guarantee that your box will have the number of autos, game used
or inserts that you expect. Can somebody please tell me why that is? If I buy a
6 pack of beer I expect 6 bottles, not 5, not 7, but 6. If I buy a pound of
butter I expect 16 ounces, not 15 or 17. But with cards that cost upwards of
$100/box theres no guarantee. BULL****!!!!
When it come to collation you gotta love Fleer. They do state that you get x
number per box, and it still doesn't work out that way. I remember several
occaisions where I pulled two game used when the label promised 3 or 4. And
then you read about the guy who opens the same product and gets 10!!!!! Yeah
that makes me real happy to hear.

The bottom line is this. Don't put up with UD and their suck ass customer
service. Save your box tops when you get screwed by the box count and mail them
back to whichever company produced them. Let them know they owe you. When you
see that a product contains redemptions..don't buy it. You may be a year older
before they arrive.

Its time that we the consumers, engaged in a billion dollar a year industry,
start speaking out. I know its fun to crack wax, but don't let companies treat
you like an addict who will always crave whatever they throw at you.

If enough of us write to the companies and voice our complaints it will make a
difference!!!

Old September 14th 03, 03:58 AM
Steve Angel

I'd like to point out for the benefit of the great optimists out there
that Marty's story is pretty much STANDARD. I don't know what UD's
problem is, but if this is how they conduct business, no wonder rumors
of financial trouble abound. This is totally unacceptable, and would
last in any other business.
--

In memory of Warren Zevon
January 24, 1947 - September 07, 2003

Old September 14th 03, 03:00 PM
Steve Angel

I'd like to point out for the benefit of the great optimists out there
that Marty's story is pretty much STANDARD. I don't know what UD's
problem is, but if this is how they conduct business, no wonder rumors
of financial trouble abound. This is totally unacceptable, and would
not last in any other business.

Old September 14th 03, 03:30 PM
TBBoltfan4

All you gotta do is contact the Attorney General or California, that sure
worked for me bigtime