ORIGINAL 1804 Liberty Silver Dollar found in the Philippines (HELP ME FIND A BUYER)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 25th 03, 03:14 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On 25 Jul 2003 07:07:07 -0700, (roger salarzon) is alleged to
have written:

I have a coin Liberty 1804 Silver Dollar. As i personally assessed the
weight of this coin is 26.6 grams (accurate), one person told me and
had seen the coin which is a member of International Bank Notes
Society (IBNS) said that the grading of this is FINE +. and to give
you more information or scanned picture of the coin please email me or
call me on my number.

On the edge of this coin there is a engraved description more or less
like this:

ONE * * DOLLAR * * OR * * UNIT (3 symbols combination of square and
circle)
* * * * HUNDRED (5 symbols combination of square and circle) * * CENTS
* * * *

I don't have money to get it appraised to other country so please help
me. I live in the Philippines.... as far as i know there is no
authorized dealer or authenticator here.

I appreciate your favorable attention to this letter.

Sincerly yours,

Roger Salarzon
Mobile No. 0919-2906935
Cebu City, Philippines

It is almost a certainty that the "coin" you have is a counterfeit. The 1804
dollar is a VERY popular coin to counterfeit, especially in your area. Post a
photo somewhere, and we can likely tell for sure quickly. Most ofthe fakes are
not very good.

alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic is a good place, if you don't have a place to
put it yourself.

If it passes that test, the coin would need to be certified. Some of the
forgeries are quite good, but any of the major grading services will easily spot
those.

But like I said, it's almost certainly a fake.

Bruce